Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 10:14 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Yawn!

Translation: I suck at debate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 10:45 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
translation: I suck at debate

lol!

Old 03-25-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Black people are survivors. We have survived slavery, Jim Crow laws and other forms of discrimination. We can overcome the burden of liberal policies if they just leave us alone to get out of this predicament by ourselves. I find it insulting that liberals view us in such an infantile manner, implying that we cannot make it without their help. Once we free our minds of this debilitating government dependency and liberals get their boot off our necks, we can begin to rebuild our community.

David A. Clarke Jr. is the sheriff of Milwaukee County, Wis.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:24 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
So you dug up one Black conservative and used him to reinforce your view. Really, what's the point?

Btw, the Black man speaking did not survive slavery. I doubt he was born then. Slavery was ended in the US by the 1860s.

As for his claims on Jim Crow? No, he had nothing to do with Jim Crow. He isn't old enough to have gone through all that. He was a small child during the civil rights movement, and did not catch the full brunt of that in Wisconsin. So I have no idea where this "we" is coming from in his quote.

But since he mentioned Jim Crow, conservative governors like George Wallace did not end Jim Crow. No, that was done by people called liberals then.

Mind you, anyone can have whatever political stance they chose to. But Clarke should really replace the "we" with "I".

It's not like Blacks in any significant number are voting for conservatives, and actions do speak for themselves.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:39 AM

384 posts, read 512,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdud View Post
So you dug up one Black conservative and used him to reinforce your view. Really, what's the point?

Btw, the Black man speaking did not survive slavery. I doubt he was born then. Slavery was ended in the US by the 1860s.

As for his claims on Jim Crow? No, he had nothing to do with Jim Crow. He isn't old enough to have gone through all that. He was a small child during the civil rights movement, and did not catch the full brunt of that in Wisconsin. So I have no idea where this "we" is coming from in his quote.

But since he mentioned Jim Crow, conservative governors like George Wallace did not end Jim Crow. No, that was done by people called liberals then.

Mind you, anyone can have whatever political stance they chose to. But Clarke should really replace the "we" with "I".

It's not like Blacks in any significant number are voting for conservatives, and actions do speak for themselves.
This is like the No True Scotsman fallacy. I guess you could call it the No True Black Man fallacy in this case.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:44 AM

Oh now you're looking to debate?

Fwiw, blacks as a whole overwhelmingly vote democrat because of this ill-conceived notion that liberals actually care about their plight. When in reality, they are who help keep democrats in certain positions in exchange for certain social programs that dems will continue, which in effect keeps them at the bottom. And the perpetual cycle goes on. When it comes down to it, black folks around the country are socially conservative for the most part. They tend to be pretty religious and certainly don't support gay rights as a general demographic.

Also, do you want me to post some Bill Cosby stuff? I can dig up more honest and tough to hear statements from other gentlemen if you'd like.

Old 03-25-2014, 02:08 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,690,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Most of the city teachers I know are also Jewish. If you went after them, wouldn't that be some sort of bias issue?
Teachers are mostly women. Some may feel this an all girls club? Hey, that's why you have courts to hear remedies for this. Hey, If blacks can sue then why not everyone else. Actually, I got a problem with Lincoln HS is all black Basketball team. That's not a fair representation of Brighton/Coney Island area. Where are the Russian players?

Old 03-25-2014, 03:52 PM

19,053 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
Why would he care? One goes to work to get paid. It's not, and it never has been a popularity contest. I'd wager he'd be more than happy to get a job where he gets to retire with a pension after 20 years.
You just proved that you DEFINATELY don't know the FDNY!

Old 03-25-2014, 06:31 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Oh now you're looking to debate?

Fwiw, blacks as a whole overwhelmingly vote democrat because of this ill-conceived notion that liberals actually care about their plight. When in reality, they are who help keep democrats in certain positions in exchange for certain social programs that dems will continue, which in effect keeps them at the bottom. And the perpetual cycle goes on. When it comes down to it, black folks around the country are socially conservative for the most part. They tend to be pretty religious and certainly don't support gay rights as a general demographic.

Also, do you want me to post some Bill Cosby stuff? I can dig up more honest and tough to hear statements from other gentlemen if you'd like.
Black people are socially conservative? Well, many Black women I knew growing up got knocked up by this one and that one? How conservative where they when they were having all this premarital sex and having children out of wedlock? Let's not even talk about all the drunk and crackhead Black men. Socially conservative?

I'm not dissing people for their lifestyle, but to claim that Blacks are socially conservative? Actions speak louder than words when it comes to the children born out of wedlock. As far as I know that's not considered acceptable among conservatives. Then there is unfortunately the high rate of incarceration, and at least part of it is due to substance abuse related activities.

As for the gay issues, there are plenty of gay Black men. Let's just say with the high rate of incarceration, you can imagine what activities take place in male correctional facilities. And yes, there are prominent law abiding Blacks who support gay rights.

And how conservative was your man Bill Cosby when he was having an adulterous affair that led to an illegitimate child? Cosby can't keep it in his pants and he's supposed to be able to show everyone else the light?

Old 03-25-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Black people are socially conservative? Well, many Black women I knew growing up got knocked up by this one and that one? How conservative where they when they were having all this premarital sex and having children out of wedlock? Let's not even talk about all the drunk and crackhead Black men. Socially conservative?

I'm not dissing people for their lifestyle, but to claim that Blacks are socially conservative? Actions speak louder than words when it comes to the children born out of wedlock. As far as I know that's not considered acceptable among conservatives. Then there is unfortunately the high rate of incarceration, and at least part of it is due to substance abuse related activities.

As for the gay issues, there are plenty of gay Black men. Let's just say with the high rate of incarceration, you can imagine what activities take place in male correctional facilities. And yes, there are prominent law abiding Blacks who support gay rights.

And how conservative was your man Bill Cosby when he was having an adulterous affair that led to an illegitimate child? Cosby can't keep it in his pants and he's supposed to be able to show everyone else the light?
Just to be clear, you'd like me to respond correct? I don't even need you to answer that yes you'd love to debate this with me, as I've witnessed enough on this forum to be able to tell that you do by your wordy reply.

Well address any of what I brought to you about the actual thread topic at hand, in which you felt the need to post incorrect info on, and I will do the same after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City