U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2007, 10:13 PM

72 posts, read 250,092 times

Advertisements

No, this isn't a question about where I should live. I'd need a decent income for that, which is what this thread is about. When I try googling for civil engineering internships in New York City, I only get firms wanting college graduates or people going into architecture. Craigslist gives me the same thing. I went to elementary school in Queens and would love to come back to the city and work on transportation or building projects. Is there a good website where I can go to that lists civil engineering internships in New York for a current college student? Do you guys know of engineering firms looking for a college student for an intern?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 05:38 AM

1 posts, read 7,370 times
read "the chief" newspaper - many civil svc jobs listed there.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:04 PM

1,482 posts, read 2,993,706 times
It really depends.

I would look for ANY engineering firm, whether they are listing or not, and send your resume there.

If you are looking for the experience and a lot of grunt work (shop drawings, inspections, etc) then they might be able to find a spot for you.

Also, $$ is a concern. If you are willing to come in for next to nothing (Minimum wage or even free) some might take you on in a mentorship-like role even if they do not have anything solid for you.

It is just not an easy time. I would look for any companies that do infrastructure work or possibly government buildings.

GL!

Old 05-12-2009, 02:14 PM

792 posts, read 2,998,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsquire View Post
Do you guys know of engineering firms looking for a college student for an intern?
Maybe Goodkind or PMK in NJ?

Old 05-12-2009, 02:35 PM

11,149 posts, read 15,181,628 times
Thanks for the great responses everyone, but note that the OP is dated December of 2007. Hopefully s/he has found an internship by now!

Old 06-07-2010, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 5,063 times
Well still if anyone could answer now it would be real helpfull fro thosw in the "present" looking for intenships... Those anyone know of any good company that is looking?

Old 06-08-2010, 12:33 AM

12 posts, read 21,418 times
I'm a 2nd year undergrad in Electrical Engineering this coming year, anything you guys can think of or places you suggest I look would be greatly appreciated!

Old 10-27-2010, 08:06 AM

1 posts, read 4,455 times
I'm also a junior looking for a aerospace/mechanical engineering internship this upcoming summer. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City