Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 05:04 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,942,365 times

Advertisements

Barnard is a WOMEN'S college - unless you think that Columbia was a BOYS' college (it's now co-ed).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 06:39 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
This is silly. FIRST, buy yourself one of those reference books on colleges. THEN, after you've done the preliminary research, ask some questions. You clearly just did a copy-and-paste without even bothering to think about whether you'd want to go to a fashion school, or a law school (which is a graduate school), or a Jewish school

NYU and Columbia are the best, but that would depend on your grades, of course.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:37 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,942,365 times
If the OP is THAT lazy, he/she doesn't have to worry about going to Columbia or NYU - s/he'll never get admitted.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:00 PM

30 posts, read 233,621 times
Default thanks

well i had a small list of colleges already but I found this list before I made mine. I didn't have time to research these colleges because I am calling around and getting information from other colleges. It has been hard trying to balance this and kepp a high GPA. I know a lot of these colleges are fashoin but I just wanted the good ones that you guys know of. I already bought one of those books and it was only helpful to a degree. Also the online search are way too broad. I am taking notes. I got Columbia on my list before and Hartwick in a rural area. I looked at Yeshiva and that is a jewish school I think. You guy complain so much but you are helping me out at the same time

Old 12-09-2007, 05:04 PM

706 posts, read 3,763,931 times
Well, first of all, what would you like to study in college?

What are your career plans for the future?

What will your major be?

What's most important to you where you attend college i.e., name, location, tuition??

Old 12-09-2007, 05:07 PM

706 posts, read 3,763,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trying2know View Post
Hi, I was thinking about New York to be one of my state to go to college in. I have this small list. Could people tell me about these colleges? Just a more insight view on how the colleges are viewed in the area? Are they good school? Anything would be helpful, thanks.

Bank Street College Of Education
Barnard College
Boricua College
Columbia University In The City Of New York
Cooper Union For The Advancement Of Science & Art
Cuny Bernard M Baruch College
Cuny City College
Cuny Graduate School And University Center
Cuny Hunter College
Cuny John Jay College Criminal Justice
Fashion Institute Of Technology
Hebrew Union College-jewish Institute Of Religion
Jewish Theological Seminary Of America
Manhattan School Of Music
Marymount Manhattan College
Mesivtha Tifereth Jerusalem Of America
Metropolitan College Of New York
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
New School University
New York Academy Of Art
New York College Of Podiatric Medicine
New York Institute Of Technology-manhattan Campus
New York Law School
New York School Of Interior Design
New York Theological Seminary
New York University
Ny Sch For Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
Pace University-new York
Pratt Manhattan-a Division Of Pratt Institute
Suny College Of Optometry
Teachers College At Columbia University
The General Theological Seminary
The Juilliard School
Touro College
Union Theological Seminary
Weill Cornell Medical College
Yeshiva University

Bank Street is great for aspiring Elementary School Educators.

Techers College is great for any level educators.

The Jullliard School is great for artists.

Union Theological Seminary is great for aspiring church leaders.

Cornell is great for aspiring doctors but you'll need a Bachelors of Science then you'll have to tak the MCATS.

The New York School of Law is great for aspiring attorneys, but you'll need a BA or BS and you'll have to take the LSAT's.

Cuny Graduate School you would attend AFTER your get your bachelors degree or a masters degree.

(The list goes on and on...you get my point don't you?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City