Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 11:04 AM

1 posts, read 2,327 times

Advertisements

The condo's are refurnished from renters. The price is astronomical compared to what's on the other side of Cozine. I saw the largest 2 bdrm (920 sq ft) with the large balcony and honestly, if they took out the balcony and added that space to the bedrms, you could maybe fit and bed and a dresser. I hope that you are not a big person because the kitchen would not fit 2 people in it at a time. Don't be fooled by the friends of the developers that leave these great reviews that speak so highly of this place. For me, it would not work because the space is very small and I saw the largest of the 2 bdrms so the other 2bdrms, are much smaller and those are the prices that you see on the website. These developers know what they are doing and they are looking to get rich fast, sorry, not on my dime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 11:47 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,134 times
Yes....but it has a Red Lobster nearby.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,293 times
I am an owner at meadowwood and I purchased a two bedroom with the single large balcony. The condo is spacious. In the master bedroom I have a queen size bed, dresser, 2 nightstands, and a entertainment/dresser and I still have room.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:40 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENY12 View Post
The condo's are refurnished from renters. The price is astronomical compared to what's on the other side of Cozine. I saw the largest 2 bdrm (920 sq ft) with the large balcony and honestly, if they took out the balcony and added that space to the bedrms, you could maybe fit and bed and a dresser. I hope that you are not a big person because the kitchen would not fit 2 people in it at a time. Don't be fooled by the friends of the developers that leave these great reviews that speak so highly of this place. For me, it would not work because the space is very small and I saw the largest of the 2 bdrms so the other 2bdrms, are much smaller and those are the prices that you see on the website. These developers know what they are doing and they are looking to get rich fast, sorry, not on my dime.
Isn't every apartment search in NY about seeing places in person that are smaller than advertised online? Or in a different neighborhood than advertised, or in worse condition, etc. etc. I don't think a lack of space in a NY apartment is anything to go and start a new C-D account over.

Also, 920 sq feet is quite large for a 2 bedroom, unless the terrace was 200 sq feet leaving only 720 for the apartment. And even then...you would have a 200 sq foot terrace; nothing to complain about!

Old 04-11-2014, 03:36 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Isn't every apartment search in NY about seeing places in person that are smaller than advertised online? Or in a different neighborhood than advertised, or in worse condition, etc. etc. I don't think a lack of space in a NY apartment is anything to go and start a new C-D account over.

Also, 920 sq feet is quite large for a 2 bedroom, unless the terrace was 200 sq feet leaving only 720 for the apartment. And even then...you would have a 200 sq foot terrace; nothing to complain about!
The complaining is about the location. It's in ENY built on a landfill and I think developed primarily as affordable housing. Subway is a hike and other than the gateway mall, amenities are limited. Taking all that into consideration, the OP expects the place to be much cheaper.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
The complaining is about the location. It's in ENY built on a landfill and I think developed primarily as affordable housing. Subway is a hike and other than the gateway mall, amenities are limited. Taking all that into consideration, the OP expects the place to be much cheaper.
The location and prices are on the website, which OP indicated he saw before visiting. If I had all that information and thought the prices were overinflated for the area, then I personally wouldn't bother wasting my time to visit. But that's just me.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:58 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
The location and prices are on the website, which OP indicated he saw before visiting. If I had all that information and thought the prices were overinflated for the area, then I personally wouldn't bother wasting my time to visit. But that's just me.
I know but I doubt the website tells you about its garbage (and body) dumping history and the many housing projects nearby.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I know but I doubt the website tells you about its garbage (and body) dumping history and the many housing projects nearby.
Probably not

Old 04-11-2014, 10:22 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times
Even in the "hood" or transitioning areas, you find places astronomically priced. They just renovated a 2 family building on my block (Mott Haven/Woodstock area), and it is on the market for $500K!!! WTF! Everyone on the block is watching and waiting to see what happens....the crazy prices are not unique to ENY..it is happening across the city.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Even in the "hood" or transitioning areas, you find places astronomically priced. They just renovated a 2 family building on my block (Mott Haven/Woodstock area), and it is on the market for $500K!!! WTF! Everyone on the block is watching and waiting to see what happens....the crazy prices are not unique to ENY..it is happening across the city.
I recently saw a one bedroom apartment listed for $1900 a month in Corona on Northern Blvd around 106th or 108th St. Insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City