Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 08:36 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,337,475 times

Advertisements

Given your hours, it sounds pretty doable. There might be some other as or more affordable options in the better Bronx neighborhoods as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 08:37 PM

40 posts, read 111,921 times
I live in. Bayridge and it's relatively safe. It's a nice area to raise a family.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:53 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,047,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumberbob View Post
this is essentially what i do
Then I think the commute is reasonable given the time of the day you commute. I really like Bay Ridge myself. I use to go down there occasionally when I use to live in Brooklyn for a late night meal at the dinners. Clean walkable streets, and it's very nice to take a stroll by the water. Since you have a car it'll be very easy to venture to other parts of Brooklyn on weekends.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:01 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,772,015 times
If you're not of a certain complexion and date someone who is that complexion, it could be a bit annoying.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:12 PM

69 posts, read 157,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post
If you're not of a certain complexion and date someone who is that complexion, it could be a bit annoying.
hmmm i'm wondering what you mean by this considering i'm hoping it's a place where i can meet some new friends (and girls)

Old 04-14-2014, 09:30 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,911,437 times
Leave it to someone here to race bait.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:59 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Bay ridge isn't racist whatsoever. You have Hispanics, Arabs and whites who live together. I know a Christian African American couple who love it there. The community isn't as anger filled like Bensonhurst where a number of Italians are becoming sick to their stomach that their neighborhood is turning into Chinatown.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:53 AM

275 posts, read 572,192 times
Finding a parking space in Bay Ridge is quite a feat. Lol

Old 04-15-2014, 06:21 AM

2,440 posts, read 6,255,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Bay ridge isn't racist whatsoever. You have Hispanics, Arabs and whites who live together. I know a Christian African American couple who love it there. The community isn't as anger filled like Bensonhurst where a number of Italians are becoming sick to their stomach that their neighborhood is turning into Chinatown.
I believe it has already turned Chinese.

Are there any young Italian American families with kids purchasing homes in Bensonurst? (buying Uncle Vito's house at a discount doesn't count).

Old 04-15-2014, 06:32 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Originally Posted by nycjowww

Yes a lot of Chinese are moving into the neighborhood. But, if the Italians stayed, this would not have happened so you can't be mad at the Chinese for moving in, now, can you?

I'm in Bath Beach, just over 86th street, we have a few new Chinese families on the block, they are nice and we have no problems. So I don't know what the "anger" thing is your talking about. There are a lot of Chinese merchants along 86th Street that we are friends with are are so nice to us. We also have Arab, Mexican and every other thing you can think of, and I am Greek.

Bay Ridge is safe, so is Bath Beach - Bensonhurst and Gravesend.
parking in BR is horrible though, and that is the truth, bu it is a great neighborhood.

I think Bath Beach and Bensonhurst are the last of the affordable neighborhoods, that's because we are the furthest from the City. But for me it doesn't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City