Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2014, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,326 times

Advertisements

So we will be in NYC next week visiting the in laws and plan to go to the Yankees vs Angles game, we have bought our tickets off of stub hub! We are in section 410 row 7! Are those good seats?? We paid $15 for the tickets!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 07:39 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,235,184 times
I'll let you answer your own question once you see the seating chart below

New York Yankees Seating Chart - YankeesSeatingChart.com

Old 04-15-2014, 10:24 AM

575 posts, read 672,325 times
You got seats worth about what you paid for them. You might be able to see the player's numbers on their jerseys.

I often wonder why people come to the city, for any reason, and do things they could not or would not do anywhere else, and not get the best seats they can afford at a show or a game or whatever. If you amortize the increased cost over time, it's really nothing. Kind of like going to a place like Cancun and not getting a hotel on the beach. No offense intended. Just one of things that makes you go "Hmm".

Old 04-15-2014, 10:57 AM

991 posts, read 1,769,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalKaos View Post
You got seats worth about what you paid for them. You might be able to see the player's numbers on their jerseys.

I often wonder why people come to the city, for any reason, and do things they could not or would not do anywhere else, and not get the best seats they can afford at a show or a game or whatever. If you amortize the increased cost over time, it's really nothing. Kind of like going to a place like Cancun and not getting a hotel on the beach. No offense intended. Just one of things that makes you go "Hmm".
For a broadway show I would agree, for a game at Yankees Stadium the cheaper the better as all you really want is admission.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:47 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kididia View Post
So we will be in NYC next week visiting the in laws and plan to go to the Yankees vs Angles game, we have bought our tickets off of stub hub! We are in section 410 row 7! Are those good seats?? We paid $15 for the tickets!
Damn that's high! Don't forget to wear something warm, it can get crazy chilly when you sit up that high. Also the crowd can get rowdy at times. Since you are not from NYC, enjoy the sights and soundsd of the stadium as well as your first trip to the Bronx.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:08 PM

575 posts, read 672,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
For a broadway show I would agree, for a game at Yankees Stadium the cheaper the better as all you really want is admission.
You could be right but I prefer good seats no matter where I go. Family members have season Yankee tix so I rarely have to buy tix to Yankee Stadium. These are decent enough for me, sort of by the right field foul pole, and include entry to the Mohegan Sun.

Not faulting OP, just voicing my opinions; same as you Nugget.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:47 PM

2,604 posts, read 3,401,375 times
Those seats are way up there. But for $15 they are fine. If you waited till the day of the game you could have gotten better seats for cheaper.

The new Yankee Stadium is ok. Its got a depressing grey decor to it that is reminiscent to a mausoleum. It doesn't have the same gritty charm the old stadium did. I've been there a bunch of times in the past few years and it always ended up with a bad taste in my mouth. It's all the way up in the Bronx in a crappy neighborhood (don't bother walking around the area), it takes forever to get there, parking is overpriced and a hassle, traffic is always bad, etc. However it does have a lot of bars, concession stands, restaurants and other attractions to keep you busy. Just be prepared to get anal raped with their prices. The last time I went to a game there it took me 2 hours to get to the stadium from Queens and 1 1/2 hours to get home. Screw that.

Even though I am a Yankee fan I would much rather go to a game at Citifield. Its just a much more pleasant experience. The Stadium is much better designed. You can get cheap seats and walk around the stadium and find plenty or areas to stand and watch the game. The food is better and cheaper. Beer is cheaper. You can tailgate. You can drive there and not worry about walking 5-6 blocks to a scary lot. The only bad thing about the stadium is the lousy home team. It would be nice if they could get their act together and put forward a winning team. I feel bad for Mets fans.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:54 PM

175 posts, read 487,227 times
they kind of suck, i sat in section 408 last time.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:50 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,767,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Those seats are way up there. But for $15 they are fine. If you waited till the day of the game you could have gotten better seats for cheaper.

The new Yankee Stadium is ok. Its got a depressing grey decor to it that is reminiscent to a mausoleum. It doesn't have the same gritty charm the old stadium did. I've been there a bunch of times in the past few years and it always ended up with a bad taste in my mouth. It's all the way up in the Bronx in a crappy neighborhood (don't bother walking around the area), it takes forever to get there, parking is overpriced and a hassle, traffic is always bad, etc. However it does have a lot of bars, concession stands, restaurants and other attractions to keep you busy. Just be prepared to get anal raped with their prices. The last time I went to a game there it took me 2 hours to get to the stadium from Queens and 1 1/2 hours to get home. Screw that.

Even though I am a Yankee fan I would much rather go to a game at Citifield. Its just a much more pleasant experience. The Stadium is much better designed. You can get cheap seats and walk around the stadium and find plenty or areas to stand and watch the game. The food is better and cheaper. Beer is cheaper. You can tailgate. You can drive there and not worry about walking 5-6 blocks to a scary lot. The only bad thing about the stadium is the lousy home team. It would be nice if they could get their act together and put forward a winning team. I feel bad for Mets fans.

Fellow Yankee fan here, and you are spot on about all of this. And to add insult to injury the Yankees traded away Granderson, one of my favorite players, to the Mets. I may have to spend more time waching ball this year in Queens than I planned.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:17 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,315,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Very true. I purchased tickets for a game last August about an hour before game time. For the same price, I was still on the 400 level, but directly behind home plate on around row 10. Perfect as far as I was concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City