Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 01:27 AM

64 posts, read 85,971 times

Advertisements

I was accepted for an interview in less then a month.

Thing is I left my job over a dispute with management. They want 6 recent pay stubs. I've been out of work for almost 2 months now, living off savings.

Will this be an automatic "no" since I've been out of work ?

Also.. I could go back to said job... Long hours, irregular pay and a lot of frustration... if need be.

Also I due have the tax return coming in, it would be able to cover move in cost, ect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 05:27 AM

17 posts, read 22,346 times
Go back, get the pay stubs

Old 04-17-2014, 07:01 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,368,760 times
This will be an automatic no because you will not meet the income maximums, or rather, minimums. But try anyway, you have nothing to lose.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:11 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKane View Post

Thing is I left my job over a dispute with management. They want 6 recent pay stubs. I've been out of work for almost 2 months now, living off savings.

Also.. I could go back to said job... Long hours, irregular pay and a lot of frustration... if need be.

Also I due have the tax return coming in, it would be able to cover move in cost, ect.
Went through a couple of interviews for buildings like that. The first one I was turned down right away because I had just lost my job. I likely would have taken that one, it was in downtown manhattan at an excellent price. The other one in the Bronx I got accepted but I ultimately turned it down because I felt the rent was high for the area. Was not confident about the building and area. They look through your financials very thoroughly. I had to hand in a lot of paper work.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:19 AM

343 posts, read 1,092,399 times
Quote:

if you cant prove income you'll be disqualified

Old 04-17-2014, 11:03 AM

Well I applied to this one VIA Mail Postcard. Not one of the 20 I applied to on housing connect.

My lot number was in the low 300's, On housing connection My lowest is 9,xxx. Crazy. I'm just scared that I wont be considered for another apartment for a while.

Like I said, I could go back to the job and try to get back in... Would take 2 to 3 weeks to get my first paycheck. We're paid weekly. So on average $750 - $1000 a week. My last few paycheck were in that range.

Would any of this matter in the long run to the management... Who knows. But I'll try.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:15 AM

154 posts, read 259,765 times
Automatic no. You need to be employed/have an income to be considered.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:19 AM

343 posts, read 1,092,399 times
Quote:
Well I applied to this one VIA Mail Postcard. Not one of the 20 I applied to on housing connect.

My lot number was in the low 300's, On housing connection My lowest is 9,xxx. Crazy. I'm just scared that I wont be considered for another apartment for a while.

Like I said, I could go back to the job and try to get back in... Would take 2 to 3 weeks to get my first paycheck. We're paid weekly. So on average $750 - $1000 a week. My last few paycheck were in that range.

Would any of this matter in the long run to the management... Who knows. But I'll try.
what matters is your income and proving it. if you don't have 6 weeks of recent paystubs and 6 months of recent bank statements showing deposits, you will not be considered. You can try to take them the last 6 paystubs you actually have, but the first thing they will ask you is "you haven't worked since [last paystub date]?"

Old 04-17-2014, 11:26 AM

I understand. Thanks for the input guys/gals

Old 04-20-2014, 04:52 PM

40 posts, read 111,915 times
was this interview for courtlandt crescent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City