Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 02:28 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Unattractive women at times have good looking men. They get used up too.
Those are the ones looking to get used, they accept getting used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 06:32 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
In times like these it's important to stay grounded and go back to the foundations of civilization and watch a re-run of Seinfeld. As the wise man once said, 95% of people in this world are un-datable!
well I am better deleted my plenty of fish account lol

Old 05-13-2014, 09:38 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,208,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD_fla View Post
... I hear people saying that the most beautiful women and men live in south Florida, and sometimes I wonder what the heck they're talking about....
What I think they are really saying is that South Florida has the most attractive rednecks. At least that is what they say where I live.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:11 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,695,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
What I think they are really saying is that South Florida has the most attractive rednecks. At least that is what they say where I live.
I know right lol or if they are attractive it means that those individuals may be from NY, and have retired in FL.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:36 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I know right lol or if they are attractive it means that those individuals may be from NY, and have retired in FL.
Ewwww, rinkled old lady from Brooklyn.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:38 AM

269 posts, read 287,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I agree with this. Transplants who are educated and to a certain degree educated locals have a tough time dating compared to going with the flow locals. Transplants look at certain things such as wealth, job/career, educational background, neighborhood you live as determine factors to date someone. Transplants still have sex like if it's a dorm room. Locals in nyc date base off of physical attraction first and for most, everything else such such as wealth, education and everything else comes later if not than none at and certain criteria are not discriminating factors of not dating someone besides if he looks ugly or like a creep.
You don't really know what you're talking about.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:51 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,566,942 times
I think it was summed up best when someone said "The moment you stop looking is the moment that special person will come to you". That's IF you have time to date in the first place. You have to think about the stressful schedules of others and be mindful of them. Most of us work so much it's hard to find time to date. And you cannot have a real relationship going out only once a week. That is probably my biggest issue. I like the person I am dating now but we both work over 80 hours a week and have schedule conflicts. It's not that we don't enjoy each other's company, it's simply that we've both put our careers first. Every woman wants a successful man to date. What many of them don't realize is the grueling sweat, blood and tears it can take to achieve that. I think if more people viewed things this way the dating market would be better.

You are only half of the relationship and cannot make impossible and unrealistic demands on the other, without understanding their needs as well. Not saying this to the OP specifically, just something I have noticed amongst women here. And men. A good relationship starts with evaluating your own needs, but also caring for the other person's as well. I realize in my own relationship I would have to sacrifice things I am not comfortable with in order to take things to the next level. Many of us are content having more casual relationships simply because they are more reliable. I know my job will very most likely still be there for me tomorrow. I can't say the same of a man. And marriage is no protection anymore.

My parents often call and lecture me, telling me to work less hours and find a husband. I tell them I can't because of the cost of living here. In most parts of the country you can get by on 50 hours a week. You can't here, not for what I do nor what I am trying to accomplish. A relationship is work, and when you are overextended it is not realistic to believe you can have one of any genuine substance. If you want a relationship that is more serious, you need to look at men who have basic jobs and work 40 hours per week. They probably won't pull down 7 figures, they probably won't look like George Clooney, and they probably will be very average. And you need to have availability as well. That's reality, and a lot of people don't want to hear it.

Last edited by EastBoundandDownChick; 05-17-2014 at 10:15 PM..

Old 05-18-2014, 03:41 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,246,530 times
Many ppl like to lull themselves to false beliefs, it's a safety mechanism. Most women wake up when they hit 40 and those who don't refuse to accept the truth in order to protect themselves. And that is a sign of inner conflict and failure to mature properly.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:51 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
I'm a very attractive, successful woman ... and he actually likes me because he finds me funny, attractive, we have great chemistry and we connect.
Sure ... everyone's gorgeous, well-off & has a hot bf on the internet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
Photos please. Let the jury decide!
Be careful what you ask for!
http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/0902/we-agree-demotivational-poster-1233798452.jpg

Last edited by bigjake54; 05-18-2014 at 04:00 PM..

Old 05-18-2014, 03:54 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,587,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
well I am better deleted my plenty of fish account lol
There you go. Don't waste your time or mental energy with that bull-ish. I deleted Tinder yesterday myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City