Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 11:33 AM

943 posts, read 1,198,145 times

Advertisements

I believe it's wrong to discriminate against partners or potential partners based on socioeconomic factors. However I do realize how difficult cross-class relations are. Especially in the NYC scene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 11:38 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,037,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous725 View Post
But most of them aren't too smart. They are like primitive animals which act on impulse and will over planning and strategy.
Correct. Plenty of local women are not to smart, well not book smart but they are Street savvy. Tread carefully when dating women who come from Nyc. Most women women here have unresolved daddy issues due to absent or in and out father figure. Just the other day I came across a woman that I knew since we were kids. She is hot with a nice bubble butt, half Rican and black. Big problem with her is that she is a single mom of 3 kids for more than 1 guy. We spoke and chilled for hour or so. We exchanged our past success and failures in life. She admitted that women from Nyc are no good and she suggested that I should move down south or go upstate in search of a wife or a long term partner. She said I'm too good to be with a NY woman.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:40 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,497,139 times
Quote:
I believe it's wrong to discriminate against partners or potential partners based on socioeconomic factors. However I do realize how difficult cross-class relations are. Especially in the NYC scene.
That's the thing..they hang out all in the same circles so they meet, marry off, etc. My old boss's daughter was your typical upper west side girl, spoiled, beautiful, etc...she married an investment banker. She met him "through friends". She was a nice girl and we got along well..but I could tell we came from two different worlds. Now, I didn't grow up poor, but I could tell if we hung out, it would be awkward for me because she was from a completely different world. Her sister, who was equally as beautiful and not to mention, INSANELY smart? Same thing, married an investment banker at Goldman Sachs. Met him while she was working as an investment banker there.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:47 AM

2,440 posts, read 6,256,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post

When I was in my 20s I was with a guy that didn't earn a lot but we had similar backgrounds (grew up in the suburbs, came from an educated background, went to a top name school, etc) and was everything I wanted intellectually and I could have been happy but he was not ready to have a serious commitment. In fact, looking back I don't think he's capable of having a serious commitment. I was with this guy for a few years. There are just some people who are that way.

Contrast that with Mr banker who within the first weeks of dating he had closed his dating profiles, told all of his friends and family how crazy he is about me, professed his desire to have a family with me and is actively fitting me into all aspects of his life. He is clearly interested in commitment and while we're not there yet ( still early) , his intention and direction are clearer than anything I had when I was with Mr intellect for several years as an attractive 20 something.
You have two polar opposites here:

- the guy who cannot make a decision, cannot commit, appears very immature, and may never grow up.

- the guy who knows what he wants and thinks he can get what he wants because, well, he's a banker! Close the dating profiles and talk children within a couple of weeks? Really?

There has to be a happy medium between these two types.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:59 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,213,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Correct. Plenty of local women are not to smart, well not book smart but they are Street savvy. Tread carefully when dating women who come from Nyc. Most women women here have unresolved daddy issues due to absent or in and out father figure. Just the other day I came across a woman that I knew since we were kids. She is hot with a nice bubble butt, half Rican and black. Big problem with her is that she is a single mom of 3 kids for more than 1 guy. We spoke and chilled for hour or so. We exchanged our past success and failures in life. She admitted that women from Nyc are no good and she suggested that I should move down south or go upstate in search of a wife or a long term partner. She said I'm too good to be with a NY woman.

Lol I notice that you explain to people on the forum a lot that most women who grew up here have baby daddy issues. That's not the case man. Maybe ghettos broads, but that is not some kind of general truth.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
That's the thing..they hang out all in the same circles so they meet, marry off, etc. My old boss's daughter was your typical upper west side girl, spoiled, beautiful, etc...she married an investment banker. She met him "through friends". She was a nice girl and we got along well..but I could tell we came from two different worlds. Now, I didn't grow up poor, but I could tell if we hung out, it would be awkward for me because she was from a completely different world. Her sister, who was equally as beautiful and not to mention, INSANELY smart? Same thing, married an investment banker at Goldman Sachs. Met him while she was working as an investment banker there.
All of these smart, beautiful and physically fit women all go for investment bankers?

I have noticed that dating someone from rural America would be awful for me, as equally as awful as dating a New York native. Why? Because of culture. A lot of them come from rural America to make it in the big city. A lot of times they come here with a false perception and enter foreign social circles which differ completely from their upbringing and culture, which alienates them from having serious relationships with people, that's why I see a lot of those rural folk going back home to find a partner and bring them here if/once they become financially stable and/or successful.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
All of these smart, beautiful and physically fit women all go for investment bankers?

I have noticed that dating someone from rural America would be awful for me, as equally as awful as dating a New York native. Why? Because of culture. A lot of them come from rural America to make it in the big city. A lot of times they come here with a false perception and enter foreign social circles which differ completely from their upbringing and culture, which alienates them from having serious relationships with people, that's why I see a lot of those rural folk going back home to find a partner and bring them here if/once they become financially stable and/or successful.

You're gonna have trouble dating anybody if you're anything like you're online persona, trying to dictate every little habit people have or the way they should live their life, the way you do on here.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
You're gonna have trouble dating anybody if you're anything like you're online persona, trying to dictate every little habit people have or the way they should live their life, the way you do on here.
I like micromanaging people's lives. I know that sometimes I treat a girlfriend like an employee and that should really really stop.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:15 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,497,139 times
Quote:

Not all! Just the rich ones LOL These girls have money already, they don't need to marry into it, it just happens. Doubt you will see a very rich girl marry a fireman. Sad, but it just doesn't seem to happen.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I like micromanaging people's lives. I know that sometimes I treat a girlfriend like an employee and that should really really stop.

I'm glad to see that you recognize it.

Why do you like micromanaging people's lives? Do you see how irritating that is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City