Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 12:47 PM

633 posts, read 1,164,990 times

Advertisements

http://www.silive.com/southshore/ind...l#incart_river

DAN DONVAN ALLOWED A DRUG DEALER TO TAKE A PLEA FOR NO MORE THAN 2.5 YEARS IN JAIL FOR THE FOLLOWING: 2 LOADED GUNS IN HIS CAR, OPEN CONTAINER OF ALCOHOL, 52 BAGS OF HEROIN AND 21 BAGS OF COCAINE. SEARCH WARRENT OF THE RESIDENCE TURNED UP NINE RIFLES, TWO SHOT GUNS, A SAWED OFF SHOTGUN, THREE IMITATION PISTOLS AND MORE THAN 300 ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION PLUS HEROIN, COCAINE, MARIJUANA, XANAX, KLONIPIN AND VALIUM.

EVERY FIVE DAYS SOMEONE IS DYING OF A DRUG OVERDOSE ON STATEN ISLAND AND DRUG DEALERS ARE GETTING 2.5 YEARS FOR HAVING 11 UNLICENSED GINS IN THEIR POSSESSION INCLUDING ALL THE DRUGS.

STATEN ISLAND AND NYC...ARE WE OKAY WITH THAT? OTHER SMALL TIME CRIMINALS WHO CAN'T AFFORD A BIG SHOT LAWYER LIKE LEO DUVAL AND LIVE IN OTHER BOROUGHS ARE DOING MUCH MORE TIME FOR FAR LESS CRIME.

IN THE SOUTH AND MID WEST A DRUG DEALER LIKE THIS WOULD GET 25+ YEARS!!

DAN DONOVAN IS ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT GETTING 100% CONVICTION RATE. HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ALL THESE KIDS DYING OR THE SAFETY OF OUR COMMUNITY.

EVERYONE SHOULD BE AWARE THIS IS HAPPENING. I KNOW I AM A BIG ADVOCATE FOR OUR YOUTH AND ADDICTION HELP, HOWEVER NO MATTER WHERE YOU STAND PERSONALLY ON THIS ISSUE NO DRUG DEALER WITH 11 GUNS SHOULD ONLY GET 2.5 YEARS! WE NEED A TOUGHER DA AND LAWS. WHAT IS THE POINT OF COPS WORKING SO HARD TO GET THESE CRIMINALS IF THEY GET A BOGUS PLEA? LIVES ARE ON THE LINE HERE!

WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMEN, TELL THE NEWS, TELL YOUR NEIGHBORS. STATEN ISLAND NEEDS A VOICE NOW!

OPEN TO ANY SUGGESTIONS ON STARTING OTHER GROUPS TO TRY TO STOP THIS INSANITY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 02:30 PM

503 posts, read 899,198 times
You know, It'd be nice if you actually stated what the plea deal was rather than making it a one sided show. I would just bypass you and read myself but your link is broken.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:48 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,695 times
Default Calm down.

First, take your caps lock off and speak normally.

Second, it does sound like this person got a pretty sweet deal. Good for them. Incarceration doesn't solve anything. He will eventually get out, what then? or you will pay $big bucks to keep him in prison. Higher taxes anyone?

Third, if the drugs weren't illegal, he would not need to outfit an army to protect his business.

Fourth, in the last 40 plus years we've determined that our current approach to drugs does not work, so ratcheting up the violence and adding more police are not going to achieve the desired result.

Fifth, the best ways to protect children and reduce the harm of drugs, are to legalize and regulate them, offering rehab to anyone who wants it.

Sixth, If you haven't got that yet, you're not helping.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 05-22-2014, 03:12 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazellect View Post
http://www.silive.com/southshore/ind...l#incart_river

DAN DONVAN ALLOWED A DRUG DEALER TO TAKE A PLEA FOR NO MORE THAN 2.5 YEARS IN JAIL FOR THE FOLLOWING: 2 LOADED GUNS IN HIS CAR, OPEN CONTAINER OF ALCOHOL, 52 BAGS OF HEROIN AND 21 BAGS OF COCAINE. SEARCH WARRENT OF THE RESIDENCE TURNED UP NINE RIFLES, TWO SHOT GUNS, A SAWED OFF SHOTGUN, THREE IMITATION PISTOLS AND MORE THAN 300 ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION PLUS HEROIN, COCAINE, MARIJUANA, XANAX, KLONIPIN AND VALIUM.

EVERY FIVE DAYS SOMEONE IS DYING OF A DRUG OVERDOSE ON STATEN ISLAND AND DRUG DEALERS ARE GETTING 2.5 YEARS FOR HAVING 11 UNLICENSED GINS IN THEIR POSSESSION INCLUDING ALL THE DRUGS.

STATEN ISLAND AND NYC...ARE WE OKAY WITH THAT? OTHER SMALL TIME CRIMINALS WHO CAN'T AFFORD A BIG SHOT LAWYER LIKE LEO DUVAL AND LIVE IN OTHER BOROUGHS ARE DOING MUCH MORE TIME FOR FAR LESS CRIME.

IN THE SOUTH AND MID WEST A DRUG DEALER LIKE THIS WOULD GET 25+ YEARS!!

DAN DONOVAN IS ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT GETTING 100% CONVICTION RATE. HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ALL THESE KIDS DYING OR THE SAFETY OF OUR COMMUNITY.

EVERYONE SHOULD BE AWARE THIS IS HAPPENING. I KNOW I AM A BIG ADVOCATE FOR OUR YOUTH AND ADDICTION HELP, HOWEVER NO MATTER WHERE YOU STAND PERSONALLY ON THIS ISSUE NO DRUG DEALER WITH 11 GUNS SHOULD ONLY GET 2.5 YEARS! WE NEED A TOUGHER DA AND LAWS. WHAT IS THE POINT OF COPS WORKING SO HARD TO GET THESE CRIMINALS IF THEY GET A BOGUS PLEA? LIVES ARE ON THE LINE HERE!

WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMEN, TELL THE NEWS, TELL YOUR NEIGHBORS. STATEN ISLAND NEEDS A VOICE NOW!

OPEN TO ANY SUGGESTIONS ON STARTING OTHER GROUPS TO TRY TO STOP THIS INSANITY!
This sounds worse than the Bronx Da office of Robert The Johnson pleas bargains where defendants actually get to get off

Old 05-22-2014, 03:25 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
The guns in the car alone are supposed to be mandatory 3 years. This guy should be doing at least 10+. Donovan lost my vote awhile go because of all of his plea deals.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:05 PM

52 posts, read 105,214 times
The war on drugs is a joke.

"EVERY FIVE DAYS SOMEONE IS DYING OF A DRUG OVERDOSE ON STATEN ISLAND"

O well, sucks for them doesn't it.

Legalize everything. Anyone who uses drugs is of their own volition is only getting what they wanted, THE DRUG.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:17 PM

633 posts, read 1,164,990 times
I don't know why the link is broken. It is in today's Staten Island's Advance 5/22/14.
I'm amazed that no one cares at all here. I don't mean just here in this forum. I mean in the community.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:25 PM

34,095 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Who cares, it should be all legalized anyway. Alcohol kills more people than any drug and I can go buy some right now.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-25-2014, 11:01 AM

38 posts, read 58,950 times
Wow so many people think that legalizing drugs is the answer. Are you guys thinking that weed is the drug we need to legalize if so. Great lets do that and tax it. But legalizing pills that are prescribed. They are legal if taken properly. I can't even fathom the idea of making legal drugs legal when they already are legal.. Do you been think before you respond to post. Grow up and learn that prescription drugs are legal. Not they way the addicts use them as prescribed. Just ignorance.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:18 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
2.5 ain't nothing to sneeze at. I've heard of cases where someone was convicted of violent assault and got less than 2.5. Violent thugs scare me more than dope dealers. Now if the dope dealer is also a violent thug then lock him up and throw away the key.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City