Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 07:09 PM

5,014 posts, read 4,894,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatshoe View Post
I think you're confusing Switzerland and Sweden.
They are pretty much yhe same except that they are two different countries speaking different native tongues....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 07:27 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,022,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatshoe View Post
It's natural that it has those connotations, since traveling for leisure implies that you have disposable income to spend on things like that.
Yes, I know that. But perhaps people shouldn't be so quick to judge when the financial situation of a foreign person who is visiting here.

In NY I have met dozens of people who seem not so well-off who manage to go to Colombia, Dominican Republic, Pakistan, etc. at least once every few years to visit some sort of extended family. I suppose since they are Americans travelling to a foreign country for leisure every two years, it's natural that they should be looked upon as wealthy and from an upper socio-economic group? I just don't think it makes sense to leap to that conclusion because often it may not be true.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:44 PM

544 posts, read 1,520,916 times
It's near the Bronx Zoo. What if someone unfamiliar with the area on their way to visit the zoo mistakenly wandered into that neighborhood? Guess they should have known there are fatal Bermuda Triangles in NYC.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:16 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,674,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny123 View Post
It's near the Bronx Zoo. What if someone unfamiliar with the area on their way to visit the zoo mistakenly wandered into that neighborhood? Guess they should have known there are fatal Bermuda Triangles in NYC.
If you read through this whole thread it's hysterical. " He's too dark to be Italian" " Concrete Killed him" "Yo welcome to the hood son" "News 12, is reporting a heart attack". The news 12 is my favorite. On 9/11 they were to busy reporting on some rat hole building on Anderson Ave not having "Adequate heat". A real source of news. LMAO! Just SMH and realizing why the boogie down continues to lag behind.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:26 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,163,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
If you read through this whole thread it's hysterical. " He's too dark to be Italian" " Concrete Killed him" "Yo welcome to the hood son" "News 12, is reporting a heart attack". The news 12 is my favorite. On 9/11 they were to busy reporting on some rat hole building on Anderson Ave not having "Adequate heat". A real source of news. LMAO! Just SMH and realizing why the boogie down continues to lag behind.
News 12 is local bronx news.

Just admit you came on here looking to work a certain angle and it flopped on you worse than lance Stephenson,

Old 05-23-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
News 12 is local bronx news.

Just admit you came on here looking to work a certain angle and it flopped on you worse than lance Stephenson,
yes, you got me. BTW who's lance stephenson?

Old 05-23-2014, 10:46 PM

13,437 posts, read 15,347,491 times
Ah cmon Norwood. Just admit you dropped a bag of dog poop here. You injected race into it first by asking was this a "racial attack" and then bringing up the Howard Beach incident as a comparison. Never mind that this Italian national is obviously racially mixed...so I'm not sure how it would be a "racial attack".

It's sad that he got killed, but most people with common sense (especially if they aren't natives) know better than to get loaded and pick random fights in a bad neighborhood.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Ah cmon Norwood. Just admit you dropped a bag of dog poop here. You injected race into it first by asking was this a "racial attack" and then bringing up the Howard Beach incident as a comparison. Never mind that this Italian national is obviously racially mixed...so I'm not sure how it would be a "racial attack".

It's sad that he got killed, but most people with common sense (especially if they aren't natives) know better than to get loaded and pick random fights in a bad neighborhood.
Let's decipher what you wrote. Common sense? You used to live in Wakefield, correct. How many times are decent people harassed or worse yet along the WPR corridor especially by 241th st or 228th st? Does that give the right to the citizen to assault someone? I ride the NYC subways. How many times am I bothered by some homeless bum or junkies for "Food" or Loose change. Some more aggressive then others. Does that give me the right to physically assault someone? In terms of the race? I am shocked by you of all people. You and a few others here always play the race card. Why is that area no good Norwood? Brown or black people are there? So how are we proceeding here? If your an asian, are you an American? What about a Dominican? Very very very shocked with this discourse. The bottom line is that he's Italian. End of story. Just like Kristy Yamaguchi is American. End of story. What % of NY' er's should be killed for their annoying and belligerent ways? 25%?

In terms of Howard Beach. I see some parallels. Not the first attack where Michael Griffith was killed on the Belt Pkwy. But in the second attack where IMO good samaritans exacted some "Street Justice" on a pos from East NY who was Black. The alleged victim admitted during the criminal trial he was there along with two of his homies to steal cars and rims. They got caught and beaten. The kid who exacted the street justice is in jail. Google it!!!! Nicholas Minnucci. This victim seems to be on the surface drunk? yes. Belligerent? Yes. Panhandling for booze? Yes. Annoying? Yes. Should die? Rialese, This person deserves to die? Is that what your saying? Very shocking that the posters that definitely lean left don't have more tolerance and compassion. Aren't liberals/Democrats supposed to be the party of Tolerance?

Old 05-24-2014, 12:14 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,196,775 times
A lot of unknowns. Who is the guy in the black hat closest to the camera (not the puncher, the other dark male in a white wife beater). And why does tourist guy seem to walk off with hat guy? Why would tourist guy tear off his own shirt? It seems probable to me that black hat guy is a friend of the puncher. It seems possible to me that the stories of tourist guy trying to bum a beer and yelling were constructed by other friends of the puncher to make the sucker punch look justified. My guess is that black hat guy and the tourist went across the street to conduct some drug related transaction, black hat guy ripped off tourist guy and tour off his shirt in a struggle. Then tourist guy confronted puncher guy about it.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:41 AM

13,437 posts, read 15,347,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Let's decipher what you wrote. Common sense? You used to live in Wakefield, correct. How many times are decent people harassed or worse yet along the WPR corridor especially by 241th st or 228th st? Does that give the right to the citizen to assault someone? I ride the NYC subways. How many times am I bothered by some homeless bum or junkies for "Food" or Loose change. Some more aggressive then others. Does that give me the right to physically assault someone? In terms of the race? I am shocked by you of all people. You and a few others here always play the race card. Why is that area no good Norwood? Brown or black people are there? So how are we proceeding here? If your an asian, are you an American? What about a Dominican? Very very very shocked with this discourse. The bottom line is that he's Italian. End of story. Just like Kristy Yamaguchi is American. End of story. What % of NY' er's should be killed for their annoying and belligerent ways? 25%?

In terms of Howard Beach. I see some parallels. Not the first attack where Michael Griffith was killed on the Belt Pkwy. But in the second attack where IMO good samaritans exacted some "Street Justice" on a pos from East NY who was Black. The alleged victim admitted during the criminal trial he was there along with two of his homies to steal cars and rims. They got caught and beaten. The kid who exacted the street justice is in jail. Google it!!!! Nicholas Minnucci. This victim seems to be on the surface drunk? yes. Belligerent? Yes. Panhandling for booze? Yes. Annoying? Yes. Should die? Rialese, This person deserves to die? Is that what your saying? Very shocking that the posters that definitely lean left don't have more tolerance and compassion. Aren't liberals/Democrats supposed to be the party of Tolerance?
I don't always play the race card, stop being so over and melodramatic. I don't see any real parallel between this and Howard beach, despite your protest to the contrary.

Thanks for making me out to be the heartless bytch but I said he didn't deserve to die. At the same time his prudence was sorely lacking. not once did i say that it was justified. in fact this exact same thing happened here in austin, a drunk guy picked a fight, got ounched, hit the concrete and died. In his inebriated state this tourist took leave of his senses.. You don't take off your shirt and move towards a young punk, especially there. That was my point. Actually I feel bad that he died.

And you in your own words were attempting to racially spin things...I mean don't you read what you post sometimes? Yet you accuse me of throwing the race card.

Last edited by riaelise; 05-24-2014 at 01:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City