Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 07:46 AM

129 posts, read 478,273 times

Advertisements

HI EVERYONE JUST CAME BACK FROM VISITING NYC. I WOULD THANK THE ONES WHO HELPED ME BEFORE VISITING. VERY HELPFUL ADVISED. I STAYED FROM FRIDAY TILL MONDAY IN NYC. THE PEOPLE WHO LIVED IN NEW YORK WERE VERY NICE TO ME WHEN I GOT LOST (GOT LOST A LOT WHILE I WAS WALKING LOL). SAW SOME OF THE SITES, NOT ENOUGH TIME TO SEE IT ALL. I LEARNED VERY QUICKLY TO USE THE TRAIN! HOTEL STAFF TOLD ME WHAT TRAIN. DID BUY A TICKET FOR THE DOUBLE DECKER BUS. HOWEVER ON SATURDAY IT STARTED TO POUR OUT . ALMOST GOT MT PURSE TAKEN. BUT THE GUY PICKED THE WRONG LADY TO MESS WITH . I ALSO RAN INTO A BUM. I MEAN BUM AND I ACTUALLY RAN INTO EACH OTHER. OMG HE STARTED SAYING SOME NASTY STUFF TO ME SO I SAID NASTY STUFF BACK. OF COURSE I WAS VERY CLOSE TO A NYC COP AT THE TIME AND HE WAS WATCHING LOL. THE BUM JUST LOOKED AT ME AND WENT ONE HIS WAY. THEN I ASKED THE COP MY QUESTION BECAUSE I WAS LOST OF COURSE. WE STOOD THERE AND TALKED. I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 08:51 AM

503 posts, read 899,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icelady View Post
HI EVERYONE JUST CAME BACK FROM VISITING NYC. I WOULD THANK THE ONES WHO HELPED ME BEFORE VISITING. VERY HELPFUL ADVISED. I STAYED FROM FRIDAY TILL MONDAY IN NYC. THE PEOPLE WHO LIVED IN NEW YORK WERE VERY NICE TO ME WHEN I GOT LOST (GOT LOST A LOT WHILE I WAS WALKING LOL). SAW SOME OF THE SITES, NOT ENOUGH TIME TO SEE IT ALL. I LEARNED VERY QUICKLY TO USE THE TRAIN! HOTEL STAFF TOLD ME WHAT TRAIN. DID BUY A TICKET FOR THE DOUBLE DECKER BUS. HOWEVER ON SATURDAY IT STARTED TO POUR OUT . ALMOST GOT MT PURSE TAKEN. BUT THE GUY PICKED THE WRONG LADY TO MESS WITH . I ALSO RAN INTO A BUM. I MEAN BUM AND I ACTUALLY RAN INTO EACH OTHER. OMG HE STARTED SAYING SOME NASTY STUFF TO ME SO I SAID NASTY STUFF BACK. OF COURSE I WAS VERY CLOSE TO A NYC COP AT THE TIME AND HE WAS WATCHING LOL. THE BUM JUST LOOKED AT ME AND WENT ONE HIS WAY. THEN I ASKED THE COP MY QUESTION BECAUSE I WAS LOST OF COURSE. WE STOOD THERE AND TALKED. I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!
Sounds about right. Can't wait to have you back!

Old 05-27-2014, 08:51 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
Sounds like you had quite an adventure! Come back again, The xmas holidays are a good time to experience NYC as well. Lots of great stuff to see.

I HAVE NO CAPS LOCK AND I MUST YELL! : )

Old 05-27-2014, 01:23 PM

836 posts, read 1,032,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icelady View Post
Yay! Sounds like you had a great time in NYC! As for the 'Bum', their bark is worse than their bite. lol Too many sites to see for a long weekend, but hopefully you knocked out the "must-sees": Empire State Building, Central Park, Statue of Liberty, Times Square, etc. When I have guests, they usually arrive in Penn Station which is blocks from the Empire State Building/Madison Square Garden. So, I immediately take there to cross that off the list. In Central Park, (depending on weather), I'll take them there for an activity. Usually, Groupon has bike rentals for $15/ 4 hours. That's plenty of time to circle around and see the whole park. If they've visited me multiple times, we branch out into more residential areas. I'll take them to a delicious hole-in-the-wall soul food spot in Harlem called Amy Ruth's (highly recommend!). Anyway, glad you had a good time!

Old 05-27-2014, 05:02 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,431,701 times
Thank You for hogging up sidewalk space and continuing the never ending influx of tourism which interferes with quality of life issues for everyday NY'ers.

Your dollars however are greatly appreciated.

Come back and see us sometime.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:22 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,139,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Thank You for hogging up sidewalk space and continuing the never ending influx of tourism which interferes with quality of life issues for everyday NY'ers.

Your dollars however are greatly appreciated.

Come back and see us sometime.
I thought you were about to move out of NY any day now anyway? Or was that an empty promise?

Old 05-27-2014, 05:34 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,514,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
I was wondering how many posts it'd take for this thread to become negative.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:23 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,139,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I was wondering how many posts it'd take for this thread to become negative.
Next time we can keep it positive by some good old-fashioned betting on how many posts it will take!

Old 05-27-2014, 06:27 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,218,462 times

Old 05-27-2014, 06:53 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,431,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I thought you were about to move out of NY any day now anyway? Or was that an empty promise?
December.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City