Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 09:11 PM

4 posts, read 10,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Yikes very bitter for posting on a forum and wanting people to tell you advice. Sorry if you don't like what you hear. For your sake you better hope no one complains about that place being illegal or you could be evicted real soon. So where do you live???

Oh and yes my Friday night is JUMPIN! I'm in my nice big legal apartment above ground. AH......
Brilliant. That remark was obviously directed at the other poster but thanks again for correcting your earlier mistake, and for confirming that you're spending Friday night at home, no doubt alone and on a Hoveround, trolling people looking for help. Enjoy your karma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 09:15 PM

420 posts, read 823,320 times
Still I don't understand why you think you should be able to get back all the rent you paid. You lived there happily before you knew it was illegal (and it seems like that would have continued had you not found out of its illegality), and now you are being a sneaky opportunist. Why do you feel entitled to your rent?

Old 05-23-2014, 09:17 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamakos View Post
Gosh I dunno, because it was rented illegally? I'm leaving in a couple months which is as soon as I can; nowhere have I seen that you can't get a deposit back, which I do have the receipt for. So, once again: does someone have a legal obligation to pay rent for a room in an illegal Brooklyn apartment, with only a verbal agreement and no written lease, to people who knew it was illegal but lied by omission?
Perhaps you should consult the advice of an attorney who is knowledgeable about renting an illegal apartment if you want to know what your "legal obligations" are.
No one here can give you legal advice and it is never a good idea to guess what a judge might say since it would purely be a guess.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:17 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheHellMan View Post
Still I don't understand why you think you should be able to get back all the rent you paid. You lived there happily before you knew it was illegal (and it seems like that would have continued had you not found out of its illegality), and now you are being a sneaky opportunist. Why do you feel entitled to your rent?
Careful she's gonna call you a troll because you told her how it really works and not want she wants to hear.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:21 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamakos View Post
Brilliant. That remark was obviously directed at the other poster but thanks again for correcting your earlier mistake, and for confirming that you're spending Friday night at home, no doubt alone and on a Hoveround, trolling people looking for help. Enjoy your karma.
Everyone knows the "cool" kids stay home on Friday and Saturday and play Sunday-Thursday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City