Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 11:11 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,868,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
It's "race-baiters" under the guise of "concerned about safety in NY". Meanwhile the REAL gangstas that run this globe is robbing them blind every single day and you won't see them EVER start a thread about it
That's part of it. But there are posters who live in Staten Island which is experience a bad wave of heroine (so is the Bronx and upper Manhattan). Not all people posting or concerned about this summer are white or racist. I've had various non white friends tell me of recent shooting or killings in parts of NYC and the lower Hudson Valley.

Though it clear some racists here just have that agenda, I think some people of "color" are too defensive and don't want to believe or hear bad things about certain neighborhoods which really are bad.

Example, I lived in Wakefield for 8 months and it was CRAPPY. Yet my saying Wakefield was crappy offended some people. But whatever, it's not my fault some people have a lot of emotion invested in the Bronx. Wakefield was crappy (ditto most Bronx neighborhoods).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 11:12 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,195,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
It's "race-baiters" under the guise of "concerned about safety in NY". Meanwhile the REAL gangstas that run this globe is robbing them blind every single day and you won't see them EVER start a thread about it

Maybe because any thread that is not nyc specific is moved to a different forum. Bankers being bankers is a topic for the politics and other controversies forum. It's a pretty decent forum with a lot of traffic. Much more than this one. Check it out one day, and you'll see plenty of threads like that.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:13 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,195,050 times
You're killin me today, writerdude. It's "heroin". A heroine is a female hero...

Old 05-27-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
You're killin me today, writerdude. It's "heroin". A heroine is a female hero...
Heroin is a heroine to many of her users

Old 05-27-2014, 12:25 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,245,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
The problem is, NY is very unique in this aspect. It's more integrated than just about anywhere else. There are housing projects in the middle of nice neighborhoods. The thugs aren't limited to their area. By a simple turnstile jump, they can be in any nice neighborhood via the subway.

It's not like LA where a bunch of thugs would have to load up a bunch of cars, and cruise from compton into beverly hills.
^^^This!!!!!!!

Old 05-27-2014, 12:31 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,245,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Does that mean I cannot post about the hood since I do not live in one? As fast as I can walk to the hood, which is a short 5 minute max stroll, the hood can walk to me. We take the same trains, eat at the same restaurants, kids go to the same schools, have family and business on both sides of the border, etc... Just because you don't live in the hood does not mean you do not have a vested interest. For example, I do not want Bushwick and Cypress Hills to get worse.
Thank you, thank you, and thank you!!!! This is exactly how I feel. Well said! Rep for you sir!

Old 05-27-2014, 12:33 PM

If the wildest fears of fear mongers here are true, then people will simply have to live with what is. Either deal what what you say will happen when and if it happens, or move. Whining about it on a message forum will not change anything at all.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Does that mean I cannot post about the hood since I do not live in one? As fast as I can walk to the hood, which is a short 5 minute max stroll, the hood can walk to me. We take the same trains, eat at the same restaurants, kids go to the same schools, have family and business on both sides of the border, etc... Just because you don't live in the hood does not mean you do not have a vested interest. For example, I do not want Bushwick and Cypress Hills to get worse.
I agree that you don't have to live in a hood to talk about it or post about it. With that said at a certain point what good does talking about the hood do? It's always going to be there in some form or another and we'll always have rises and falls among both the crime and drug rates.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:38 PM

503 posts, read 895,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
If the wildest fears of fear mongers here are true, then people will simply have to live with what is. Either deal what what you say will happen when and if it happens, or move. Whining about it on a message forum will not change anything at all.
Very true. I guess sometimes posters get carried away here, I know I've had my share of complaints. Sometimes surfing through CD is like holding your head under water... At some point you need to come back to surface and start breathing.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:30 PM

191 posts, read 219,524 times
Unfortunately violence is the biggest drawback that warmer weather brings along to nyc... very little to do with the mayor or the police, there's always a sharp increase in crime in hotter weather months...
i remember hearing on the news at the height of the brutal winter of how low violent crimes got.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City