Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 06:41 PM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times

Advertisements

I certainly haven't seen a rise in crime in my neighborhood. But we don't get to enjoy "culture" so... lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I'm starting to get really irritated with people that come on here and post about the hood, and don't live in the hood and think they have all the answers. You know what these little gangbangers were doing because of stop and frisk? They would hide guns in mailboxes and other stash spots so that they didn't have to walk around the street with it. Any problem, go and get the gun. But you people that don't live in the hood don't know how it really is. Around my way they don't care about a stop and frisk. Trust me.
I live in the 2nd best neighborhood according to crime stats in the whole city. I'm in the hood 5 nights a week. Can I comment?

Old 05-27-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
People bought into the touchy feely aspect of DB's campaign and the cool afro, but the truth is they made a decision that is going to make the city less safe, ESPECIALLY for the exact people who were "unfairly targeted" by stop and frisk in those bad neighborhoods.

It's hip to hate the police, and I do think that in implementing a policy like S&F it should be handled with decorum and not the typical "shut da f*** up" attitude of most NYC cops, but what it is trying to accomplish is a good thing. This was not the gestapo hauling away innocent people for making a political statement.
EXACTLY. My neighborhood won't see an increase in "violence". Elections have consequences. Enjoy your mayor, the mayor of the "plantation" that is NYC (yes, HIS chosen reverend said that).

Old 05-27-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
It's "race-baiters" under the guise of "concerned about safety in NY". Meanwhile the REAL gangstas that run this globe is robbing them blind every single day and you won't see them EVER start a thread about it
If every single person in the world called me a "race baiter", I'd be far less concerned than I am with the .0001% chance that I may become a victim of a violent crime. I'll never cease to be amazed by those who do not concern themselves with the possibility of losing their lives to crime. Have liberals figures out how to live more than one life?

Old 05-27-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You will have to tell your kids to avoid certain parts of the city if you care for their safety.
Anyone who fails to heed this reality is a straight fool.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:12 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,241,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
the REAL gangstas that run this globe is robbing them blind every single day
People fear street crime & personal injury more than white-collar crime.
I wouldn't like it, if my investments were stolen by some computer wizard.
But, I'd feel a lot worse if I was hit over the head with a pool cue, smashed in the head with a bottle, had my teeth chipped by an elbow, got punched in the jaw, rear-ended by a drunk driver, or hit head-on by a CEO on a cell phone.
Don't ask me how I know this!

Old 05-27-2014, 07:28 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
People fear street crime & personal injury more than white-collar crime.
I wouldn't like it, if my investments were stolen by some computer wizard.
But, I'd feel a lot worse if I was hit over the head with a pool cue, smashed in the head with a bottle, had my teeth chipped by an elbow, got punched in the jaw, rear-ended by a drunk driver, or hit head-on by a CEO on a cell phone.
Don't ask me how I know this!
Well, you can't recover from death (murder is a street crime) and recovering from serious injury is a lot more physically painful than it is recovering from a financial crime. I've seen people paralyzed by gun shots or other serious crime injuries.

So it's not surprising people fear street crime more than white collar crime. Also victims of financial fraud can often cancel payments and recover from funds.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:43 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,562,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
In case everyone has forgotten,there is always a big increase in shootings on holiday weekends in NYC, no matter who is mayor.

Here is a piece on traditional NYC holiday weekend violence from a few years ago under a different mayor and police commissioner:

2 Cops Among 67 Shot in Weekend Violence; Teen and 56-Year-Old Bystander Killed | NBC New York

The only thing remarkable about the latest spate of violence is that none of it happened in The Bronx.
Thank you for injecting some common sense! What were these posters saying when these same kind of incidents happened under Bloomberg cause there were plenty of them?!

Old 05-27-2014, 07:50 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
EXACTLY. My neighborhood won't see an increase in "violence". Elections have consequences. Enjoy your mayor, the mayor of the "plantation" that is NYC (yes, HIS chosen reverend said that).
Even if de Blasio sucks, why do people ignore the crime ALWAYS goes up in the summer and also ignoring the fact that factors like a lackluster economy and a rise in hard core drugs (heroin) are factors as well?

Old 05-27-2014, 07:56 PM

It's not summer yet.

Good luck to those who don't live where I do. Enjoy that "culture" and diversity. I apparently can't.

Last edited by Airborneguy; 05-27-2014 at 08:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City