Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 09:44 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times

Advertisements

I'm talking volume cranked to the max so anybody in a 5 block radius can hear it. That's great that you like your horrible music and everything, but why have to explain this to the entire neighborhood? Particularly when you're not an 18 year old kid anymore (I see plenty of older folks doing this). No level-headed adult cares or wants to hear this crap. I promise you. Are you doing it simply for the benefit of the select other couple of mouth-breathers who also do this that may or may not be walking the street at any given time? Is it like a solidarity thing? Look, I know this is a city and cities are loud. But FFS man, do you need to circle the park blasting this nonsense when people are just trying to kick back on a weekend afternoon? Get out of your car and go for a jog or something. Put it in your earbuds and blast it if you need to. Either way, you're doing bad damage to your hearing by doing this all of the time.

And before anybody comments, I'm not a cranky old man. I am of the same age as a lot of the dudes that I see doing this. It simply baffles me. And no, I don't see guidos rolling around aimlessly blasting terrible house music or Sinatra at full clip in quiet residential neighborhoods. Or Irish kids sitting on the edge of the park cranking Dropkick Murphys so loud that the mom playing with her toddler 30 feet in can hardly talk to him/her. Just to get that out of the way...

Last edited by availableusername; 05-31-2014 at 09:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 09:53 AM

69 posts, read 157,259 times
It's even better when you hear it blasted at 11PM and you are trying to sleep.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:57 AM

59 posts, read 99,781 times
Its part of living in a city. What can ya do? I grew up in the Bronx so I quickly got used to blaring tunes at night during the summer. I lived in Hudson Heights for a couple of years until I got priced out and I didn't hear ANYTHING late a night. zilch! That area of manhattan is so quiet! When I moved back to the Bronx I heard someone playing some garbage music with the bass too high (typical) in their car late at night within a week. lol

Now whats a bit surprising is that someone out there was playing Reggaeton. I thought that crap got played out years ago. Horrific music but thats just my opinion.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:59 AM

2,751 posts, read 2,420,713 times
It probably wasn't reggaton, its not 2004 anymore

Old 05-31-2014, 11:20 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
It's time to come home to the mountains brother...cause you know this shyt just isn't going to get any better.

Last edited by Above Average Bear; 05-31-2014 at 11:47 AM..

Old 05-31-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
It probably wasn't reggaton, its not 2004 anymore
Alright what do you call that shyte then? It's a mix of electronica/house/hip hop (I use that term loosely)/with very pronounced latin rhythms, heavy bass, and simple repeated choruses.

Reggaeton is the general term I always used to describe any of that stuff that I can't differentiate between. It works for me. But what do you call this music in 2014? Everybody here knows what I'm talking about. So school me.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:10 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
People blasting their music isn't anything new. Same behavior decades ago as today, always a few like that. Mask their tunes with some white noise if at home, or put in your own earbuds and don't let it stress ya if out.

You mean stuff like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYCLgxz-ov0

Old 05-31-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
People blasting their music isn't anything new. Same behavior decades ago as today, always a few like that. Mask their tunes with some white noise if at home, or put in your own earbuds and don't let it stress ya if out.

You mean stuff like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYCLgxz-ov0

So it is still referred to as reggaeton...

Old 05-31-2014, 12:25 PM

And I would say the only time it "stresses me out" is if I am either in the park trying to kick back with a book or something or if someone is sitting out in their car pumpin it at 2 am while I'm trying to sleep (very rare around here).

I'm really more curious as to why people feel the need to bump this god awful "music" in their suped on honda so friggin loud that the entire neighborhood needs to be made privy to this unprecedented turn of events...

Old 05-31-2014, 12:55 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,916,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
And I would say the only time it "stresses me out" is if I am either in the park trying to kick back with a book or something or if someone is sitting out in their car pumpin it at 2 am while I'm trying to sleep (very rare around here).

I'm really more curious as to why people feel the need to bump this god awful "music" in their suped on honda so friggin loud that the entire neighborhood needs to be made privy to this unprecedented turn of events...
Because they want everyone in the neighborhood to know how "cool" and "gangsta" they are.

Living on Myrtle Avenue, I have to deal with that crap late at night sometimes too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City