Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 02:22 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,689,401 times

Advertisements

... to Ocean City Md. I would leave right after my cancer treatment and get on the road on Friday 8/29 hopefully by about 10 AM.

I would plan to come back on Labor Day 9/1(there is no treatment on Labor Day)

Ive been wanting to hit Ocean City for at least 2 years but everytime I make plans something medically pops up and I can't go. most hotels are booked for 7/4 so Labor Day is my only chance of going there

would traffic, particularly the Cr Bronx, be a madhouse going on Friday 8/29 and returning on Labor Day itself?

if I chose to go after Labor Day(like a week after say), would I be able to use the beach or is the beach season over? how does that work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 02:26 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,581,189 times
I think the Ocean City beach season runs past Labor Day for about a month, but you might want to check the MD forum to be sure. Once the season ends, it means there are no more lifeguards on duty but you can still go to the beach.

Personally I prefer to do places like that NOT on a holiday weekend. Especially since coming back the traffic can be so rough.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:32 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,581,189 times
Edit: Found this:http://oceancitymd.gov/Recreation_an...eachPatrol.pdf

The Beach Patrol is on duty every day from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. starting the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and continuing 7 days a week though the Sunday of Sunfest Weekend, usually the third Sunday after Labor Day. After labor day, the Beach Patrol implements fall coverage. Fall coverage extends until the Sunday of Sunfest weekend. Fall coverage is a change in standard operating procedures as well as placement of guard stands along the beach. SRTs will be on duty between the hours of 10:00am and 5:30pm. After Sunfest weekend the Beach Patrol no longer mans guard stands on the beach, but roaming patrols on four-wheel-drive vehicles continue to monitor the beach through the end of October. The purpose of these patrols is to be available should beach-goers not heed our strong warnings to; Never swim when Surf Rescue Technicians are not manning the lifeguard stands.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:12 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,689,401 times
wow guys, thanks. thinking about it now. i won't be able to go after LD because I have treatment 3 times a week and ive missed a lot of treatments from the weather this past winter. LD weekend would be the only free one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City