Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 05:06 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny123 View Post
Was it a warm summer day?
Yeah it was during the summertime.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 05:07 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
It's random. You never know.
It is a minority of residents who create problems.
So this is typical of the entire Harlem then, no matter how "good" the block appears to look. Interesting...

pay attention gentry

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-23-2014, 06:23 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,931,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
So this is typical of the entire Harlem then, no matter how "good" the block appears to look. Interesting...

pay attention gentry
Well, in so-called Hamilton Heights there are many good blocks - for example. And the residents generally know each other. This changed downtown, and when it did, many more crimes happened in places that had not had big problems.

I have said before - I would not consider living east of St. Nicholas Park.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:24 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Amsterdam and Broadway above 125th are currently ghetto.
This will change tremendously in the coming few years, as I have mentioned before.
Actually much will west of the park.
I agree.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:27 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
But when these teenager go to their zoned schools in the area, they will be surrounded by the very same type of ghetto kids the parent or parents are trying to avoid when tell the teenager not to go outside in the neighborhood. Regardless the good intention of the parent or parents, the child is still exposed to that ghetto lifestyle.

Kids are impressionable and will usually gravitate to the prevalent culture/lifestyle of the area. There is only so much a parent can do to avoid their kid getting sucked into that hood culture when they are being bombared with it at school and on their block where they live.
Now you're just making things up to make point. If you want to go there and say working class people have ghetto kids, then maybe we should kick those Italian/Irish kids out of their neighborhood also. I mean their parents work for the city and unions yet those kids are always high on drugs driving around in cars that mom and dad financed for them causing trouble. I know since I live in a white neighborhood.

Idc if someone acts ghetto, what I care most about is someone whose priority is to commit crimes against innocent people.

P.S. I went to midwood high school. 70 percent black and had a large gang pretense. Despite that the school had a 90 percent graduation rate at the time and I turned out fine. Graduated with my BA, and life is sweet for me. So realistically it's up to the teenager to be influenced by zone kids or not.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:31 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
The solution to any increase in shootings is so easy. As a reader of all the find threads on this forum on gun control and gun violence take the right-wing remedy: Just hand out more guns and the gun violence will disappear like magic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City