Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 03:59 AM

37 posts, read 80,864 times

Advertisements

Like how such a disaster to have put all this pj's together over the course of such a huge area..Specially the Lower East Side Ones.I wonder if it had to do with the fact that it was refill land and as such they didnt value it and was undesirable by quality standards Is just Crazy and then the architects built them on CROSS or X shapes Lol is just like I mean I need to definitely find a book to read all about Who planned this Like New York City was already a developed city in the 40's!Even tho it was rundown its been a master plan of a city to fail so hard with how they planned many of this pjs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 04:25 AM

And Most cities have demolished them.But for New York to do something like that It will have to relocate way too many people is not easy,Where are they going to go! And they wouldnt rebuild the ''right way'' they dont want to rebuild! Lol they would probably come up with a formula of ''affordable housing'' which brings over 75% wealthy then the rest is the rest,nothing but a trick to eliminate a portion of the poor.Even though it helps to create an mixed atmosphere which helps the general environment is still way too disproportionately.That's what they did in the infamous Cabrini Green in Chicago! They Say this new buildings they erecting in poor neighborhoods which end up gentrifying the areas need to be financed but the margin of profit on private hands they make is just a disrespect to our social values and needs Cmon Lol You cant come up with a master plan for displacement but they rather look at it like that so the focus for planning is not meant to place thedisplaced families on loving homes and they are our responsibility as society as a whole regardless of the lower resources!I have to give my respects to those who have come from such rough environments and made it!

Old 06-22-2014, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I think Baruch is the worst out of the 3.
I agree And is because is more dense,even taller buildings.Just the design alone says a lot.Not sure if I'm wrong and not to imply anything but I think Baruch have a higher concentration of African Americans vs the predominantly Puerto Rican Riis And Walden Houses?

Then I was wondering if they run by bloods in some then crips or even latin kings in others. (Riis Baruch-Walden)
New York gangs run in a very different way than other cities like LA or Chicago where they constantly represent but they are certainly here too is not just ''Little gangs'' of kids Or do yall think it has been erradicated for the most at least in Manhattan? I know for sure areas of Brooklyn where the crips and the Bloods are at war (East Flatbush) and have gunned down a couple recently I know it for a fact or just shoot all over it does goes on so..

Old 06-22-2014, 10:34 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,443,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowFlow View Post
Really but like in What sense Rats? dirrty? gangs?Like the Manhattan standard cant be so terrible I would think.If you would compare say tthe Wald and Riis to Brooklyn or Bx Pjs one of them then would you say is one of the best ones of BK?.And see the thing is they give you a sense of security,(Walden Houses)you dont really see many people out on the corners outside hanging out maybe a few on Avenue D .But the thing is once you INSIDE the buildings if you live or work there then is another story..You at the mercy of whomever you run into,inlcuding the chance of ending trapped if is an elevator with the wrong one cahances of high pressure would increase .Lol ..
Don't let manhattan's image fool you. Avenue D is the hood and is just as bad as all the other ghettos in the city. Ave C is 50/50. Lillian Wald, Riis and Baruch are clearly responsible for most of the crimes that occur in the Lower East Side of the city.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:26 PM

34,194 posts, read 47,492,658 times
Keep in mind that most NYCHA were built on former slums or vacant land. I'm pretty sure that Avenue D was a huge tenement slum in the early 1900s.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-23-2014, 01:47 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,443,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowFlow View Post
I agree And is because is more dense,even taller buildings.Just the design alone says a lot.Not sure if I'm wrong and not to imply anything but I think Baruch have a higher concentration of African Americans vs the predominantly Puerto Rican Riis And Walden Houses?

Then I was wondering if they run by bloods in some then crips or even latin kings in others. (Riis Baruch-Walden)
New York gangs run in a very different way than other cities like LA or Chicago where they constantly represent but they are certainly here too is not just ''Little gangs'' of kids Or do yall think it has been erradicated for the most at least in Manhattan? I know for sure areas of Brooklyn where the crips and the Bloods are at war (East Flatbush) and have gunned down a couple recently I know it for a fact or just shoot all over it does goes on so..
The neighborhood is mostly Puerto Rican in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City