Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 02:15 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Holy hell city-data, I think we've found the man with the answers that we've all been looking for for so long...
maybe it doesn't bother you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 03:20 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,215,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellalaloca View Post
So many homeless everywhere now. So sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
^ they can't afford to rent or buy a place to stay.
Quote:
Holy hell city-data, I think we've found the man with the answers that we've all been looking for for so long...
Quote:
maybe it doesn't bother you.

No man. I was commenting on the most Captain Obviousiest thing I've ever seen written anywhere.

Good lord...

Old 06-27-2014, 04:42 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allygory View Post
Rent him an apartment.
I was gonna say offer him a job. That'll get him running.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:45 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cramdon View Post
Following work a few days ago, I had my driver circle the block and I snapped a photograph for evidence.

You people should have higher standards. This should not be seen as normal. The drama of his homelessness -- bags, boxes, trollies, etc. -- are dangerous and visual assault. I live here, and I can tell you first hand that homeless people setting camp in Tribeca just is not normal. I do not see homeless people here. We aren't in San Francisco and this should not be accepted as a way of life.

Not only is that train of rubbish trailing him a complete eyesore, but I keenly remember walking down Laight Street at midnight about a month ago and witnessing this fellow doing some sort drug-induced dancing in the middle of the street. I am tired of walking to the other side of the street to avoid this catastrophe. I don't want it here in Tribeca and I fully intend to call the police and have this delt with immediately. Was advised by my attorney that his belongings cause a threat to pedestrian safety so there is a strong chance that he will be off the streets and into a nice, safe, shelter somewhere.
I'd have thought with all your well-to-do-ness you could have afforded a better camera, or at least a smartphone that takes a decent picture. Holy blur factor.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:47 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cramdon View Post
As you know, this is one of the wealthiest places in the world so it really sticks out that there is one homeless man who seems to never leave a corner near my building.

This is a very quiet, beautiful block and him being there (with his luggage, sheets and other junk in tow) really degrades the scenery, as well as my quality of life. And the odor he radiates is so foul. The median price of an apartment in this neighborhood is $3MM, so we pay a lot for the priveledge of living in Tribeca and I don't think wanting to keep the environment pleasant is asking for much.

Is there any way to get him to move? He has been here for 8 months now and I'm over it. Surely there's a shelter somewhere that would take him?

Thank you.
I suggest you read the story of the rich man and Lazarus in the Bible and then think about what to do.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:02 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
Dickens said it all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYHmQT_7a2c

Old 06-27-2014, 08:59 AM

943 posts, read 1,198,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I hate Christmas and any of the religious "holidays." I mostly hate the materialism and all of the Christmas lights and decorations in Manhattan around that time of year.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:34 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
Quote:
No man. I was commenting on the most Captain Obviousiest thing I've ever seen written anywhere.

Good lord...

lol that's true but good grief, is that the best thing
you could come up with to respond to this thread?

anyway, whatever.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:47 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,215,558 times
Quote:
lol that's true but good grief, is that the best thing
you could come up with to respond to this thread?

anyway, whatever.

No, I'd posted a few times on this thread before yours actually. Even caught a few reps for one of them...

Old 06-27-2014, 11:38 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,811 times
A lot of things really bother me about NYC. It took me a long time to realize that NYC is not going to change for me. I can get mad at the freaks, filth, and taxi drivers running red lights just to get to the red light twenty feet ahead. But it's not going to do anything. I'm the one that chooses to live here - so either I accept it, or I leave. The one thing I realized is that NYC is not going to accommodate me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City