Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 01:31 PM

118 posts, read 160,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The cover story of the newest issue of New York Magazine is all about the influx of foreign buyers into the ultra-high end New York City real estate market.
Why New York Real Estate Is the New Swiss Bank Account -- New York Magazine

New York, London and Hong Kong are the clear real estate leaders. Not surprising though as these are some of the best cities in the world and are considered a very safe place to store wealth.

The downside though: I wonder if these foreign individuals are pricing a lot of "normal" wealthy well-to-do non-billlioniare NYers out of the market.

Ultrahigh-net-worth individuals’ growing faster in New York than any other city outside Asia - Capital Playbook

Last edited by Louis XVI; 06-30-2014 at 01:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 04:43 PM

298 posts, read 706,731 times
Excellent! Concentration of the world's capital only means good things for the city!

New York City is like a modern Rome.

There are not enough rich people in the world to make a huge difference. The rich people are coming for the same reason as everyone else.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:49 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,921 times
Louis XVI and Ballervision are the same people, and it's not even up for discussion.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:51 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Louis XVI and Ballervision are the same people, and it's not even up for discussion.
Had the same thought. There are more than a few trolls here - which is quite unfortunate.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:44 PM

118 posts, read 160,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Sorry but no. The mods are free to run a check.

Not everyone is part of that socioeconomic class that loves to discuss horrendous things like crime and public housing, and being miserable like you and the rest of your city-data minions.

You seem to have a beef with anything that isn't clouded with negativity. I truly feel sorry for you.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:50 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XVI View Post
Sorry but no. The mods are free to run a check.

Not everyone is part of that socioeconomic class that loves to discuss crap things like crime and public housing, and being miserable like you and the rest of your city-data minions.

My "city-data minions" LOL.

I talk all kinds of smack about welfare moochers and the such on here. Have barely ever participated in the crime threads though. Nice try, fella...

Quote:
You seem to have a problem with people not being a miserable guy like yourself.

I'm probably the funniest dude on here. I come to this place for kicks. You wouldn't know a sense of humor if it crawled up your ass and tickled your prostate.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:02 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,617,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballervision View Post
New York City is like a modern Rome.
I agree!

Now, remind me how things worked out for Rome?

Old 06-30-2014, 06:06 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Hope federal and or state officials start looking into where the funds are coming from to purchase some of this luxury real estate. More so begin investigating some of the developers/RE professionals about their marketing/sales practices. If investment for visa/Green Card abuse can be found someone should go to jail. In fact that whole program is sketchy and seems more like a E-Z Pass Visa for wealthy persons to obtain legal resident status if anything else.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:44 PM

298 posts, read 706,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
I agree!

Well maybe it would've worked out differently if they had hired the barbarian hordes to mow their lawns.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:32 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
It is still there even though the empire is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City