Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2018, 12:20 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,943,583 times

Advertisements

The staff analyst exam is only slightly more difficult than the trainee exam. Same type of questions and structure. I took both 2-3 years ago. Good luck all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 02:43 PM

15 posts, read 22,407 times
If they are so slow they can hire us to help them move along faster XDD

Old 07-27-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MummyCat View Post
If they are so slow they can hire us to help them move along faster XDD
It's slow due to low turnover and long budget approval process for the agency/Dept. Hiring.

Old 07-28-2018, 09:34 AM

1,034 posts, read 673,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetulantMasticator View Post
I don't think I was being rude. Why would I bother to call the Union? I'm going by what their website says, "As of October 2017, DCAS had reached number 1008. Of course there are still individuals below that number who remain on the list." That would mean they got up to the last person who scored 85. If you call the union and they say something different then who do you believe? How is one more accurate than the other?

Have you seen this note that they posted on the union's website ?

Important Note: If you are on the current Staff Analyst Trainee list above list #1,000, you may not be reached by May, 2019, when the current list for SAT expires. You should consider taking the new Staff Analyst exam, if you have two years experience as an analyst.

Last edited by speediestevie; 07-28-2018 at 09:52 AM..

Old 07-28-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
The staff analyst exam is only slightly more difficult than the trainee exam. Same type of questions and structure. I took both 2-3 years ago. Good luck all.

Thanks nyccs. If it may be only slightly more difficult, or moderately more difficult, it appears that the majority of test takers failed the last SA exam ?
From the union's website - "Some interesting statistics: 3,028 individuals took the Staff Analyst exam and 838 passed"

Higher percentage of people passed the trainee exam. For me, I just want to be certain that there are no specific knowledge questions on the SA exam. Can you please confirm ? I would expect it to be higher in difficulty but I hate to see surprises, like accounting questions which is not my expertise.

Old 07-28-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
Thanks nyccs. If it may be only slightly more difficult, or moderately more difficult, it appears that the majority of test takers failed the last SA exam ?
From the union's website - "Some interesting statistics: 3,028 individuals took the Staff Analyst exam and 838 passed"

Higher percentage of people passed the trainee exam. For me, I just want to be certain that there are no specific knowledge questions on the SA exam. Can you please confirm ? I would expect it to be higher in difficulty but I hate to see surprises, like accounting questions which is not my expertise.
All information will be in the question. No outside knowledge should be used for your answers. Make sure you read the questions carefully. If there's a long passage, read the question first to save time.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:58 AM

110 posts, read 136,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
Have you seen this note that they posted on the union's website ?

Important Note: If you are on the current Staff Analyst Trainee list above list #1,000, you may not be reached by May, 2019, when the current list for SAT expires. You should consider taking the new Staff Analyst exam, if you have two years experience as an analyst.

Now that I did not see lol.

Old 08-02-2018, 07:23 AM

31 posts, read 56,691 times
I see a staff analyst civil service exam posting. I want to apply for it but I don't know if I will be qualified due to the experience section. Is it still worth it to apply?

Old 08-02-2018, 08:55 PM

15 posts, read 22,407 times
Received my letter to come to protest exam results on august 14th. It's not mandatory, but going to happen at 8:30 am, ugh. So early. Didn't really understand how to protest the questions properly, but anyway just want to see what I go wrong in general.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a City Boy View Post
I see a staff analyst civil service exam posting. I want to apply for it but I don't know if I will be qualified due to the experience section. Is it still worth it to apply?
I would apply but it depends on your goals. Aren't you already in this role as contractor?
I believe the union is offering help with the application, they posted that on their web.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City