Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2019, 05:34 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,576,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1two2 View Post
Congrats to those newly hired!

So far the hiring pools have only been for the SA list? Not SAT?
Seems like that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 08:19 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,943,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgman View Post
@nyccs I did not get any email for hiring pool and also all of my contact information is up to date because that's how I got this letter in the mail.
Did you check the postmark timestamp on the outer envelope? That would tell you when the letter was mailed out.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
Did you check the postmark timestamp on the outer envelope? That would tell you when the letter was mailed out.
Excellent point!

Old 12-20-2019, 05:03 AM

5 posts, read 3,669 times
@nyccs the date outside is Nov 27th but I recieved the letter on Dec 18th, so I don't know what happened. It appears post office did not deliver it on time.

Old 12-20-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
@nyccs the date outside is Nov 27th but I recieved the letter on Dec 18th, so I don't know what happened. It appears post office did not deliver it on time.
Then I’m afraid there is nothing you can do at this point. Just wait for the next hiring pool invitation.

Old 12-20-2019, 07:24 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,943,583 times
Quote:
Yes, that is the fault of USPS unfortunately....sorry for your misfortune.

Old 12-20-2019, 05:43 PM

85 posts, read 91,494 times
Someone I met at a hiring pool was offered a job and the agency later rescinded the offer due to budget issues. The person was restored to the list without using one of the 3 restores. Had to show proof and specify in the email "restore, no fault".

Maybe call dcas to see if you can do the same since the mail was late.

Old 12-20-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tamwong View Post
Someone I met at a hiring pool was offered a job and the agency later rescinded the offer due to budget issues. The person was restored to the list without using one of the 3 restores. Had to show proof and specify in the email "restore, no fault".

Maybe call dcas to see if you can do the same since the mail was late.
Thank you for sharing about the rescind of a job offer! This is exactly what I want people to know. Until you start your job, you don’t have the job just yet.

Old 12-23-2019, 08:05 AM

48 posts, read 79,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tamwong View Post
199. I'm pretty sure everyone who interview before me got an offer. I think I got the 5th out of 12 jobs.
I know this is late, but Congrats. You are smart for taking the offer from an unpopular agency.

I advise those that could get interviewed, you should consider taking the position if offered, even if the agency is bad, such as HRA or ACS. This is unless you hear the job description and you foresee it to be a nightmare or complete conflict of tour schedule. You will have a jump start in making yourself a permanent employee and if after a year you still hate it, you will be in a better position to look for a better well-suited agency through ESS as a now permanent SA.

At this point the starting salary isn’t much of a factor. Be it a good or bad agency, you are all on the same playing field. A good agency is not necessarily going to pay you significantly better than a worst off one, especially since you start as a SA. There are some exceptions based on position availability, as I seen some people lower on exam list get offered level II positions due to the need, but I think this is rare.

There is a reason those from the private are making the move to municipal government. So why not get the jump start to civil service status?

Old 12-27-2019, 08:02 AM

19 posts, read 13,809 times
I was a SAT. You can apply to positions you see on nyc careers. On your cover letter state that you are on the list for exam # and what your list # is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City