Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 12:37 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,916,177 times

Advertisements

"People of color". Hate that term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 12:40 PM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,860,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
"People of color". Hate that term.
Don't see that too much, but I've seen it.

What would you prefer?

Old 07-10-2014, 12:42 PM
DAS

Racist and race card. More posters that claim to be White (you never know for sure) use these terms, than those claiming to be non-White.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:47 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
Racist and race card. More posters that claim to be White (you never know for sure) use these terms, than those claiming to be non-White.

More whites on here use the term "racist" than non?

Okie dokie...

Old 07-10-2014, 01:00 PM
DAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
More whites on here use the term "racist" than non?

Okie dokie...
Yes. There are posters that are White, that frequently accuse posters that are not White, of writing racist statements concerning Whites. This occurs more than non-Whites accusing White posters of the same.

When threads go sour and several White posters make blatant racist comments continually. The thread will just die off and others stop responding at all. This includes many White posters that stop responding as well.

White posters also accuse Black posters of pulling out the race card, when they don't want the discussion to go into race on subjects.

BTW it is usually the same posters that post the blatantly racist comments, that accuse the non-Whites of the same. It also the same ones that post the race card comments.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Yes. There are posters that are White, that frequently accuse posters that are not White, of writing racist statements concerning Whites. This occurs more than non-Whites accusing White posters of the same.

When threads go sour and several White posters make blatant racist comments continually. The thread will just die off and others stop responding at all. This includes many White posters that stop responding as well.

White posters also accuse Black posters of pulling out the race card, when they don't want the discussion to go into race on subjects.

BTW it is usually the same posters that post the blatantly racist comments, that accuse the non-Whites of the same. It also the same ones that post the race card comments.

Whitey calling people racist more so than vice-versa on this forum is such a blatantly absurd notion that I don't even need to discuss it further with you.

Whitey telling other posters that they're throwing out the race card definitely happens. Sometimes because there are angry white dudes on here, and sometimes because....well....posters are pulling out the race card out of nowhere.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:23 PM
DAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Whitey calling people racist more so than vice-versa on this forum is such a blatantly absurd notion that I don't even need to discuss it further with you.

Whitey telling other posters that they're throwing out the race card definitely happens. Sometimes because there are angry white dudes on here, and sometimes because....well....posters are pulling out the race card out of nowhere.
The truth is not absurd. Whitey? Are you serious right now?

Old 07-10-2014, 01:30 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,916,177 times
Quote:
Don't see that too much, but I've seen it.

What would you prefer?
SobroGuy use to use it all the time, since he finds the term "minority" offensive.

As for me, I prefer Blacks and Hispanics.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
The truth is not absurd. Whitey? Are you serious right now?

It's the opposite of the truth, and you're being absurd by making that claim.

And yes, whitey. I'm white, I can say that. It doesn't bother me and I'm just using words. Words like that don't bother me. I'm not looking to try and be all PC here. You can say it too...

Old 07-10-2014, 01:41 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
Gentrification

Gentrifyer

Hipster

Crime

Ghetto

Dangerous

Safety
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: