Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 07:49 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,127,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Perhaps if you guys all complain enough they will do something about it.

Really, what a bunch of kids. Its like complaining about mountains or daylight.

Don't like it... then move to somewhere you can deal with.
Complaining is a recognized pastime of New Yorkers. Congrats on joining in with the post above, where you're complaining about people complaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 10:29 AM

370 posts, read 624,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Perhaps if you guys all complain enough they will do something about it.

Really, what a bunch of kids. Its like complaining about mountains or daylight.

Don't like it... then move to somewhere you can deal with.
The OP says he/she is thinking about moving because he/she doesn't like the weather. The other posters in this thread who also dislike the weather have stated that they have either already moved or are planning to move. So yeah.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:51 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,498,430 times
I saw a post on the LA forums and someone was complaining that he hates that it's so sunny and nice there, that he misses the rain! I had to laugh...we each have our own opinions.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:16 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,590,031 times
I don't particularly care for NYC during the summer either FWIW. Summertime in Seattle or Portland is way nicer. Very dry and comfortable usually. (Wintertime that's another story...super drab and gloomy and everybody goes into quasi-hibernation.)

Old 07-17-2014, 03:21 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,324,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I don't particularly care for NYC during the summer either FWIW. Summertime in Seattle or Portland is way nicer. Very dry and comfortable usually. (Wintertime that's another story...super drab and gloomy and everybody goes into quasi-hibernation.)
Nobody cares for NYC weather during the summer unless you are a bread and like to bake in the 90+ degree temperatures

Old 07-17-2014, 04:10 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,498,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Nobody cares for NYC weather during the summer unless you are a bread and like to bake in the 90+ degree temperatures
I like the summer just not when it gets very humid

Old 07-26-2014, 05:58 AM

43,657 posts, read 44,375,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
For the record, I was born in NYC. I love NY, and NY will always be my home. However, the weather truly is making me really think of moving out of here, and into somewhere like California once I'm done with college. Today, I was supposed to have plans with friends, but the weather today ended up screwing everything up. This tends to happen at least 50 percent of the time. It's like you can't rely on any plans made in advanced with this ridiculous and fickle weather here. Did anyone who used to live here end up moving out for this particular reason?
I think many people dislike the weather here but not everyone moves away because of it.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:59 PM

65 posts, read 105,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
San Diego?
yeah, I'd have to agree coastal Southern California comes pretty darn close to it. We never have to turn on the heat, all year, and turn on the AC maybe 5 days out of the year, tops. Great for gardening too. And you can get by without needing a full 4 season wardrobe.

But then you start taking that "perfect" weather for granted. I find I'm not as aware of the seasons and time passing because the weather is almost the same year round. Sometimes I do miss the sound and smell of thunderstorms and april showers, and the crisp fall air when leaves are changing color.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:02 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,427,042 times
I'll tell you one thing this summer has been VERY mild. Otherwise I would have gladly paid for an overpriced ticket to San Diego.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:11 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,294,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
It was an outdoors plan we had.
LA is essentially a desert and suffering one of the worst droughts in recorded history. There are worse things than a rained out picnic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City