Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 09:17 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times

Advertisements

Just put in an application on a great apartment in Williamsburg. So excited to be a brooklyn resident!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 10:36 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,975,014 times
Oh oh...Another girl from Ohio in Williamsburg.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:39 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
so many better places to live in Brooklyn than "over priced" "under spaced" apartments in Williamsburg...................................... ..

where abouts?

Old 07-17-2014, 10:52 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
so many better places to live in Brooklyn than "over priced" "under spaced" apartments in Williamsburg...................................... ..

where abouts?
north side, so williamsburg/greenpoint boarder. Getting a pretty good deal too.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:59 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,351,521 times
what are you coming here to do? i always wonder what the attraction is. i can't make sense of it since having grown up here, leaving here was the goal of many people. now everyone wants to come. it's overpriced, jobs are not plentiful. all i can imagine is coming here for a couple of years -- sort of a post-college experiment -- where you live with friends and have fun before settling down into (for lack of a better word) "real" life. Or, is real life for you and your peer endless experimentation with work and enjoyment? how do you afford it?

Old 07-17-2014, 11:04 AM

23 posts, read 40,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
what are you coming here to do? i always wonder what the attraction is. i can't make sense of it since having grown up here, leaving here was the goal of many people. now everyone wants to come. it's overpriced, jobs are not plentiful. all i can imagine is coming here for a couple of years -- sort of a post-college experiment -- where you live with friends and have fun before settling down into (for lack of a better word) "real" life. Or, is real life for you and your peer endless experimentation with work and enjoyment? how do you afford it?
Clearly she been watching a lot of Hollywood movies/sitcom that was New York City based and assume the life style is similar to real life. my assumptions always come to that, when people from the Midwest think about moving to NYC. I know these group of hipsters from the Midwest, who chose to move to Bedstuy Brooklyn because they wanted to get a dose of rap culture.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:07 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raheem_nyc View Post
Clearly she been watching a lot of Hollywood movies/sitcom that was New York City based and assume the life style is similar to real life. my assumptions always come to that, when people from the Midwest think about moving to NYC. I know these group of hipsters from the Midwest, who chose to move to Bedstuy Brooklyn because they wanted to get a dose of rap culture.
OP already lives here. Has for several years I believe and has a job. She's just getting a new apartment in a new neighborhood.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:14 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,351,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
OP already lives here. Has for several years I believe and has a job. She's just getting a new apartment in a new neighborhood.
Okay but my post is still open to discussion IMO. I'm very curious about why they come. Maybe suburban/small city life is boring to some. Maybe they're interested in diversity? Maybe they like skateboarding and biking everywhere ;-)

Not being facetious -- I am really very curious -- especially how this lifestyle is paid for when it's ridiculously expensive here.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:19 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Okay but my post is still open to discussion IMO. I'm very curious about why they come. Maybe suburban/small city life is boring to some. Maybe they're interested in diversity? Maybe they like skateboarding and biking everywhere ;-)

Not being facetious -- I am really very curious -- especially how this lifestyle is paid for when it's ridiculously expensive here.
Why do you even live here?

Old 07-17-2014, 11:21 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
north side, so williamsburg/greenpoint boarder. Getting a pretty good deal too.

Greenpoint is really nice also. there are great places to ride a bike along Kent To Franklin then up Ash......It is always fun to explore.
i ride my bike down in Williamsburg and Greenpoint, and make new discoveries all the time.
i do like greenpoint a lot however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City