Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 10:13 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No, He intentionally murdered another individual, over a consumption tax, he was not collecting and paying to the city coffers.

We the people would be in jail and doing hard time for the very thing, if we were part of organized crime and someone got roughed up & snuffed for not paying their protection money.

The bully in the hall.... Give me your lunch money, or I'm going to kick your ass and take it.

The Mayor has a hired army to go enforce collection of his protection money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmb9FisSd-c

Old 07-19-2014, 11:25 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Doesn't surprise me one bit. Cop gets killed in Jersey City last week. Somebody has to pay for it this week.

Could have been an incident based of racial discrimination.....Could have just been a messed up situation.

Regardless...there are far more dangerous individuals out here on the streets that police need to attend to.

This guy just so happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Add to that the fact that he is 400lbs and a dark skinned black and you have a recipe for disaster.

Very sad for this man's family to have to see the death of their father on national television. Those kids are going to be messed

up for a long time. Will probably hate the guts of every police officer they see. Video and pics will be on the internet for years to

come.

No worries. There are prison cell's being cleared at this very moment for young angry fatherless black men like

themselves. The cycle will continue.
You can't predict how individuals will react. It may very well be that this man's children strive not to be like their father and move on to something else.

With that said, yes, there are clearly plenty of prison cells for young angry black men, fatherless or not.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:27 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
fighting the police is never a good idea even if you are big. less if you are ill.
if you are trying to show me a video of a bunch of cops sneaking up on a poor defenseless man and lynching him i did not see that, sorry.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:40 AM

250 posts, read 269,387 times
NYPD narcs are some of the most overzealous cops I've seen in my lifetime. They have the tendency to overreact to situations that don't warrant the use of force. They probably got their training from watching old episodes of New York Undercover. Their overzealous nature has been well documented over the years. Knowing his size and how profusely he was sweating at the time, they could have use some discretion before arresting him since he wasn't a armed suspect or posed threat to them or the general public. Considering the circumstances, with him being arrested for a minor offense, they could have lowered the hostility to a level that would allow him to give up. It wasn't like he took a swing at the cops or attacked the bystanders.

Also, if you are about to be arrested for something, anything. It could be something so mundane that it boggles your mind, do not put up a fight. Do not resist. Do not give cops, especially narcs, the chance to use deadly force. I know it's sounds good in theory than it does in practice, but it's just to protect yourself from being a statistic.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:55 AM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times
Why would I want to watch the video?

Old 07-19-2014, 12:01 PM

250 posts, read 269,387 times
Anyone here remember this? It happened in 2008 and it's similar to what happened in S.I. It's relevant to this discussion surrounding NYPD protocol, training and the when and when not to use deadly force.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/26/ny...aser.html?_r=0

Quote:
Taser Use in Man’s Death Broke Rules, Police Say

The firing of a Taser stun gun that led an emotionally disturbed man to fall from a Brooklyn building ledge to his death on Wednesday appeared to have violated departmental guidelines, the police said on Thursday.

The guidelines tell officers that when possible, the Taser, which fires barbs that deliver thousands of volts of electrical current, should not be used in situations when a person could fall from an elevated surface.
A law enforcement official identified the lieutenant who gave the order to use the Taser as Michael Pigott, a 21-year veteran of the force. He was placed on modified assignment without his gun and badge, and the officer who fired the weapon was put on administrative duty amid an investigation by the Police Department and the Brooklyn district attorney. The police declined to identify the officer.

Officers at the scene of the confrontation had called by radio for an inflatable bag as the events unfolded, but it had not yet arrived when the man, Iman Morales, 35, was struck with the device and fell, according to a statement by the department’s chief spokesman, Paul J. Browne.

“None of the E.S.U. officers on the scene were positioned to break his fall, nor did they devise a plan in advance to do so,” the statement said, referring to the elite police Emergency Service Unit.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:04 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,127,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Why would I want to watch the video?
So you could comment intelligently in this thread. However, if you don't want to comment intelligently in this thread, then I don't believe there is really a compelling reason to watch it.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:04 PM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belltolls View Post
NYPD narcs are some of the most overzealous cops I've seen in my lifetime. They have the tendency to overreact to situations that don't warrant the use of force. They probably got their training from watching old episodes of New York Undercover. Their overzealous nature has been well documented over the years. Knowing his size and how profusely he was sweating at the time, they could have use some discretion before arresting him since he wasn't a armed suspect or posed threat to them or the general public. Considering the circumstances, with him being arrested for a minor offense, they could have lowered the hostility to a level that would allow him to give up. It wasn't like he took a swing at the cops or attacked the bystanders.
This is the mindset that Bratton needs to change. It shouldn't have been done via City Council legislative action though because now it's irreversible and good cops will stop taking action to avoid lawsuits. The election was about to usher in a new regime which was obviously going to be the antithesis of Bloomberg/Kelly. Why not let the situation play out on it's own?

The overly-agressive Kelly years have fostered distrust and even hate amongst the citizens, and even within the department itself. Kelly was forced as time went on to ever-increasingly compartmentalize and create new units to carry out his more aggressive tactics because the bulk of the officers would not play his games.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:20 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,617,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You can't predict how individuals will react. It may very well be that this man's children strive not to be like their father and move on to something else.

With that said, yes, there are clearly plenty of prison cells for young angry black men, fatherless or not.

Of course I can.

Nobody in their right mind would be happy seeing their family members demise scattered all over the internet.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:25 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,171 times
I'm sorry but that man was not 400 pounds. My best guess would 300 to 350 not that weight is the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: