Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 01:32 PM

836 posts, read 1,031,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheseca View Post
I will be transitioning into a new position at higher pay and I am in the process of relocating to Manhattan on July 29th.
So today's the big day.... how did the move go? Are you happy in the new place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 01:37 PM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,857,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
because people in this country have been hating and undermining each other for so long I guess.
White people will be extinct all over the planet in a hundred years or so. There is only about a 1/3 of a billion left. Black people will follow after a few more hundred years there are still about a billion + in Africa but the death to birth ratio is higher on the death end of things.

Everyone else should just carry on as if AA's and White people don't exist, both won't be here long. All the fighting about wealth of the White man and Welfare for Blacks won't matter soon enough.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:48 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
White people will be extinct all over the planet in a hundred years or so. There is only about a 1/3 of a billion left. Black people will follow after a few more hundred years there are still about a billion + in Africa but the death to birth ratio is higher on the death end of things.

Everyone else should just carry on as if AA's and White people don't exist, both won't be here long. All the fighting about wealth of the White man and Welfare for Blacks won't matter soon enough.
I only see Argentina as possibly the last hold out of the white race. I'd see Russia merging with China someday. Eurasian looking women are pretty hot in my book especially them Russians. Blacks and whites America do not produce at high enough rates especially since both groups make up the huge brunt of the American middle class with 2 kids on average. With education, elitist entitlements that educated women have, most will have a hard time to reproduce when they reach their late 30s. This type of attitude is not only immune to USA specific but is very common in other Westernized countries high income to low income. Africa is being ravaged by HIV, Malaria and soon Ebola virus.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:51 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post

I don't agree with all that. Black people aren't going anywhere.
We are the first and definitely will be the last. Whites are the
last people on earth, so I guess they're running on e but trying
their best to take the rest of us to hell with them. Most of us
are not going with them tho. HIV, Malaria and Ebola viruses
don't matter. We will survive. We have no beginning or end.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:06 PM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,857,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
I don't agree with all that. Black people aren't going anywhere.
We are the first and definitely will be the last. Whites are the
last people on earth, so I guess they're running on e but trying
their best to take the rest of us to hell with them. Most of us
are not going with them tho. HIV, Malaria and Ebola viruses
don't matter. We will survive. We have no beginning or end.
Keep in mind I wasn't referring to all Blacks on the planet just AA's. AA's culture is more WASP than anything else. It is far removed from African culture. Plus AA's are mixed. Yes the same things killing off the White race is killing off AA'S also.

Africans are also adopting a lot of European culture and mixing up also. Since Whites are dying off all over the planet this will no doubt affect them as well.

There are at least 3 X more Asians than there are any other group on earth. Just on sheer numbers alone they will outlast every one else. They have also figured out how to work alone and have secured enough resources that they don't need other groups to buy and sell what they create. Like blacks when they mix with another group the children are Asian' Just lighter or darker Asians. But no matter what, that is how most of the world will look in a few hundred years.

Remember to put your racial mixture on the next census. Maybe there will even be a way to add a photo. Your great grands won't look anything like you. But then again we probably don't look much like some of ours either.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:54 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
^ We'll be here.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:10 AM

2,750 posts, read 2,415,821 times
Lol

Old 07-30-2014, 09:00 AM

253 posts, read 654,869 times
Most are in scenario #2. Most of the folks I worked with years back, all had roommates. Sometimes as much as 5 to an apartment. If you are in your early 20s, that is probably a FUN thing to do. But most people in the older age groups move out to the outer boroughs for more space for the same amount of money. Just depends on what you want to do. NOT everyone is rich and living in the city.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:41 PM

4 posts, read 12,616 times
I dont know anyone who makes $100k per year now even years out of college and all of my friends have MAs and some have PHDs. I know teachers, engineers, salesmen, accountants and nurses. My friends dad has been an Engineer for 36 yrs and doesn't make $100k. Places dont pay like they used to b/c so many people need work and companies know that. I worked at home depot for 6 months in the 1990s and made $16 per hour. Home Depot starts at $8.50-$9 per hour now. This is true for many places.

My friend is the VP of credit for one of the biggest investment banks in NYC and I can tell you he stated on $65000 yearly upon graduating from an ivy league institution, this was including the $10000 sign-on bonus. I have 2 BAs, an MA, 13 certs and 2 medical licenses and barely make $43000. I cant afford a room for rent in manhattan either. And if you have loans you really cant afford to live there even with 4 other people. Sad but true. The one bedroom apts in the slums of Brooklyn are now going for $1400-$1600. Its ridicules and I feel your pain. I try to find local friends but they are too ghetto for me and when I try to spend time with friends in nicer areas I tend to get stuck b/c I live in Brooklyn where the trains are ****. Takes me 2 hours to get home at night and weekends so I dont bother even looking for friends out there anymore

Good Luck!!!

Old 07-30-2014, 07:02 PM

34,015 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy o darling View Post
I have 2 BAs, an MA, 13 certs and 2 medical licenses and barely make $43000.
This makes me upset, angry and sad all at the same time. Hang in there kiddo.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City