Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 06:34 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,130,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
who told u that bergen street (F & G train, boerum hill) is a straight shot to brooklyn college? dont waste people's time on here....get your stuff together and have a concise idea of what u want to do.

bergen street (2 and 3 train) is once again out of your price range thats park slope.
oops I did, got the bergen st stations mixed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 04:01 PM

271 posts, read 1,278,455 times
Many Brooklyn College students take the B6 or B11 bus to the Q train or F train. It is about a ten minute ride. You may consider living in Gravesend, Kensington, Sheepshead Bay, Brighton Beach, Midwood, Bensonhurst, or Borough Park. Check craigslist...people are looking for roomates all the time. You could find a place for about $500 to $600 a month.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:59 PM

7 posts, read 60,170 times
Wait, i'm confused

http://mta.info/nyct/service/twoline.htm

Doesn't that go straight to Brooklyn College from Bergen Street?

Old 12-27-2007, 07:07 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,130,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobranflakes View Post
Wait, i'm confused

http://mta.info/nyct/service/twoline.htm

Doesn't that go straight to Brooklyn College from Bergen Street?
I didn't doublecheck but I think there are two Bergen St. stations; one is on the 2/3 train and in Park Slope and the other is on the F train and in Caroll Gardens. I believe I mistakenly told the poster that Caroll Gardens would be a good place for him to live, possibly in his price range and near a train that would be straight shot to BC. But because it's the other Bergen St. that's a straight shot-- I was wrong.

That's what I think the deal is anyway. I could still be wrong.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:05 PM

1 posts, read 4,541 times
Default Attn: Brooklynites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobranflakes View Post
Hi, I'll be attending CUNY Brooklyn next fall and am looking for a fairly cheap, safe, but active and "cool" neighborhood with a decent commute to Flatbush/Midwood where CUNY Brooklyn is. I've been to Williamsburg before and eh, it's nice and hip and all, but I don't know if I'd for sure want to live there. I'm 19 so I definitely want an active area with young people. I don't mind a commute of up to 45 minutes, the closer the better of course. Rent is, well, as cheap as I can get, I just want a room in an apartment with other students or trust fund kids, whatever. So what're your recommendations? I've looked at Bushwick and would like to hear more opinions about that also. Thanks a lot!

Hi, I'm an International Prospect Student of Brooklyn College Fall 2010. I'm looking for a place as well and you seem to be looking for the same kind of neighbourhood I am.

Did you manage to find a place to rent? If so, which borough because I have no barring of Brooklyn at all and your help would be truly appreciated!

Old 07-20-2010, 07:36 AM

2 posts, read 7,101 times
check with Webcentral Portal Brooklyn College. you will find room "to rent" and you may post "room wented" to find a place to meet you needs. Many ads state the distance from BC is not true. You better google to find true distance. If the zipcode is not 11210 then it's far. Please keep in mind that in addition to time cosuming the monthly bus or train ticket will cost you $89 now and $100 in the end of 2010 or spring 2011. better find a place in walking distance to school and in safe area. One side BC is Midwood, one side is Flatbush. Midwood is safe area. it is west to Flatbush Avenue( E. 34, 33...) and south of Avenue H (Ave. I, J, K...). Always check if the rent including the utilities and internet. New BC dom is located in Flatbush area and could be more expensive and you may not able to stay durring Summer vacation.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:30 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,984,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwallstrop View Post
check with Webcentral Portal Brooklyn College. you will find room "to rent" and you may post "room wented" to find a place to meet you needs. Many ads state the distance from BC is not true. You better google to find true distance. If the zipcode is not 11210 then it's far. Please keep in mind that in addition to time cosuming the monthly bus or train ticket will cost you $89 now and $100 in the end of 2010 or spring 2011. better find a place in walking distance to school and in safe area. One side BC is Midwood, one side is Flatbush. Midwood is safe area. it is west to Flatbush Avenue( E. 34, 33...) and south of Avenue H (Ave. I, J, K...). Always check if the rent including the utilities and internet. New BC dom is located in Flatbush area and could be more expensive and you may not able to stay durring Summer vacation.
The dorms are really not worth it all. You can cheaper just about anywhere and in better areas. Not much around where they're being put up...

I wouldn't say Flatbush is particularly dangerous from being in the area everyday at several times of day and night, but for some reason people still seem to think it is.. I guess I just have better luck.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:10 PM

2 posts, read 8,959 times
I'm in a similar situation but can spend more like 600$ is there any hope for me? i dont care where

Old 05-10-2011, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,629 times
Did you guys figure out a good answer? I'm in the same boat as the first poster and need some advice.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:10 AM

343 posts, read 1,313,928 times
yes, i need these answers too. I'm also attending BC this fall and I live in queens, oh the other end of queens. the commute is hellish for me. takes me 1 hour 15 mins on the Q/N train and 1.5 hours if i go to take the 2 or 5 train.
i want to move to brooklyn. but just wondering hpw safe the borough is. i have been living in queens always and I love it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: