Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 05:46 PM

205 posts, read 507,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I like and adore black women that use their natural hair over using hair pieces and weave. I just find it attractive, especially when you go to parts of Harlem, Downtown Manhattan and hip parts of Brooklyn I tend to encounter plenty of black women with their natural hair do with no weave, relaxers or hair pieces. Black women with natural hair do show confidence, security, grace and style, it really makes a bold statement especially here in NYC since letting your hair down in the work force regardless of race was the thing to do or putting it in a bun. I also notice that black women who use hair weave, relaxers and pieces tend to be hood and ghetto, vs natural haired black women who tend to educated and vocal. Last this isn't unique only to NYC you know and other places in the world people put their hair in natural styles instead of augmenting it with chemicals and so forth.

I think in recent years with the organic, sustainable movement amongst liberal whites somehow crossed over to blacks in America who profess going natural trend. black women in America and in NYC are very different from black women who live in Central, America, Hispano, Anglo, Franco Caribbean and South America when it comes to hair styles or it times it can be alike, a country DR and Haiti with its racial problems that has existed since colonial times, black women may prefer to relax their hair, but across the way in Communist Cuba you might find black women who choose to have their natural hair do. Or a country like Canada which its not so racist as America women have no shame using natural hair over sporting weaves, or hair pieces. Sadly my ideal woman is not a black woman regardless if she has natural hair or not, but a woman with olive skin complexion, brown eyes and jet black hair short or long. Looks like I gotta take a trip to Casablanca.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 05:51 PM

114 posts, read 276,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
They look at you that way because you are not wearing a weave.

I and 99.9% of the men I know.....love it when black women where their natural hair.

The more natural the better.
I don't think most black guys prefer natural hair. If anything, many black women with natural hair are often partnered with non black men.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Sadly my ideal woman is not a black woman regardless if she has natural hair or not, but a woman with olive skin complexion, brown eyes and jet black hair short or long. Looks like I gotta take a trip to Casablanca.
Why do you say "sadly my ideal woman is not a black woman..." you have a right to your preferences. I'm sure no black women are losing sleep over you.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:53 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,024,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheseca View Post
I don't think most black guys prefer natural hair. If anything, many black women with natural hair are often partnered with non black men.
Where are you from? What city or state or country?

Old 07-27-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Where are you from? What city or state or country?
I'm African American. I was born and raised in the Bronx, but I am happily relocating to Manhattan before the end of the month.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I'm African American. I was born and raised in the Bronx, but I am happily relocating to Manhattan before the end of the month.
If you're from the Bronx why are you saying that black men don't like natural hair?

Many NYC black men have no problem with natural hair.

I thought you were from another city or country where natural hair is not popular. It's very popular here and no one glances twice at it.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
If you're from the Bronx why are you saying that black men don't like natural hair?

Many NYC black men have no problem with natural hair.

I thought you were from another city or country where natural hair is not popular. It's very popular here and no one glances twice at it.
Umm ok, but are you black?

Old 07-27-2014, 06:04 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
Quote:
I highly doubt that. You are mixing the message.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Umm ok, but are you black?
Um, yeah, I said this in one of my earlier posts.

I'm BLACK with afro-textured hair. Not mixed. Not biracial. Born and raised in NYC. Been natural for the past 12 years way before it became a "movement".

Old 07-27-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
I highly doubt that. You are mixing the message.
I'm just going by what I see many black men promoting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City