Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 02:14 PM

448 posts, read 685,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
My problem with NYC is the idiots, clowns & thugs, who think they should be able to do anything short of murder, and not be bothered for it. And those who support them.
Aggressively panhandle tourists in Times Square.
Stick a CD in someone's hand & tell them that they just bought it for $10, or else.
Boom box dance in a subway car, then stick a hat in your face & demand payment.

How about you & your ilk leave the rest of us alone? Don't get in anyone else's face & ask for/demand money. Don't yell & scream profanities into your cell phone, while in a crowd. Don't eat & drink in the bus or subway car. No one cares about your drama.
And this was just yesterday!
How about, if you're so unhappy then YOU leave?

Ya'll really make up things to make yourselves feel better. I'm been in NY for all my 25 years. Rode every train/bus, walked all these streets. No one have ever DEMANDED I tip them for dancing No one has ever told me "Buy my cd, or else" WTF? That doesn't even sound believable Aggressively panhandle? Since when is taking a picture with elmo being aggressively panhandled? Who told YOU to take a picture? Who told you to pull out YOUR phone, and stop and pose? No one has ever demanded I swipe them in the train. How come all you true New Yorkers haven't perfected the art of ignoring yet?

Someone's ones always harassing you to by comedy show tickets, ride the buss tour, go sightseeing, strip club, "oh come into this bar", "oh come and watch the new broadway show", "buy one get one at ripleys belive it or not"..............................but you're upset by Spiderman?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 02:20 PM

19,048 posts, read 13,964,273 times
^ walk around with kids in the city and automatically all of the people BigJake is describing see you as a tourist. They most certainly turn their attention to every day NY'ers under certain circumstances. Alone, I don't get even a passing glance from the riff-raff being spoken about here. With my kids in the stroller, I may as well be from Alabama with all the crap being "offered" to me. It has created many an interesting situation over the years...

Old 07-31-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
^ walk around with kids in the city and automatically all of the people BigJake is describing see you as a tourist. They most certainly turn their attention to every day NY'ers under certain circumstances. Alone, I don't get even a passing glance from the riff-raff being spoken about here. With my kids in the stroller, I may as well be from Alabama with all the crap being "offered" to me. It has created many an interesting situation over the years...
I've been in the city with my son. Hell, I let him take a picture with SpongeBob before, and willingly gave him 3 dollars. I was never "forced" Other than that, I just walk right past them.

But let the people on here tell it "Oh my God, I walked away from Elmo, and he tried to choke me and break my arm!!!".

Like ok, if you don't like something cool. But the exaggerations on here are baffling.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:36 PM

19,048 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Well I suppose none of that has ever happened to us then. After all, you just said so.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:44 PM

Well, I apologize for not participating in the never-ending I hate NY depression on the board.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:54 PM

15,849 posts, read 14,479,382 times
Actually NYS has an anti-mask law. But it only applies if people congregate wearing masks. They should amend it to apply to the individual level. No one should be able to hide their identity in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
I think it's 'burkas.'

And, I emphatically do not agree. It is a religous freedom issue. This isn't effing France, thank God.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:30 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
I think it's 'burkas.'

And, I emphatically do not agree. It is a religous freedom issue. This isn't effing France, thank God.
That's the only thing about the French that I admire.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:13 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
I think it's 'burkas.'

And, I emphatically do not agree. It is a religous freedom issue.This isn't effing France, thank God.

I think your right, forgive me, English isnt my mother tongue.

Too bad, I think they have the right idea.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:15 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
That's the only thing about the French that I admire.

I agree!!!!

I think the "this is our country", this is what we do here, your welcome to stay, but you cant wear a burka.

I like this rule, and I agree with it.

But the Times Square costume things, no, sorry, they need to go!! Just how stupid are Americans....

Old 07-31-2014, 07:43 PM

107 posts, read 195,865 times
Prostitutes and thieves have been replaced with homeless pedophiles and tourists... I prefer the former

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City