Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2015, 10:52 AM

359 posts, read 466,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeydsnyqnsw View Post
Well, i do know what im talking about and i tell you two idiots (you and venom) at this point you both better pray it takes a while to figure out who you are irl... Because you are both gonna be subject to a heap of abuse should you ever end up in my garage.
lol I've made one comment I would take back . And that was a while back . Furthermore , I've just been asking questions about the job . Also was told not to take so many things seriously , or else I would have a hard time in the dsny . So if that's the case , why are so many people taking online threads seriously ? Just wondering

Old 10-07-2015, 01:11 PM

73 posts, read 109,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom0088 View Post
lol I've made one comment I would take back . And that was a while back . Furthermore , I've just been asking questions about the job . Also was told not to take so many things seriously , or else I would have a hard time in the dsny . So if that's the case , why are so many people taking online threads seriously ? Just wondering
Just be quiet and go away, wow you're annoying

Old 10-07-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 shorts and a long View Post
Just be quiet and go away, wow you're annoying
No.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:50 PM

154 posts, read 230,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gookie View Post
Also, is the AAAA school a good place to get my CDL on Staten Island? If not, is there another place on SI or close by where I should go? Thanks!
i got my cdl through them, you do need a bus endorsement and a passanger endorsement . I thought they did a very good job , they will teach you exactly what to do and say for the road test. I did the 5 one hour sessions with them and that was more then enough, you can even combine two sessions into one if you want. a big part of passing the road test is to study so you can make sure you nail the pre inspection part. you dont want to lose any points before you even get to drive the bus. good luck

Old 10-07-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsny012185 View Post
i got my cdl through them, you do need a bus endorsement and a passanger endorsement . I thought they did a very good job , they will teach you exactly what to do and say for the road test. I did the 5 one hour sessions with them and that was more then enough, you can even combine two sessions into one if you want. a big part of passing the road test is to study so you can make sure you nail the pre inspection part. you dont want to lose any points before you even get to drive the bus. good luck
First thing is obviously to study and get the permit ? And is there a specific permit that your trying to get other than cdl ? Like the endorsements you mentioned

Old 10-07-2015, 02:13 PM

86 posts, read 105,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsny012185 View Post
Thank you sir! Very helpful as they are right down the block from me. I will give them a call!

Old 10-07-2015, 02:55 PM

512 posts, read 765,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom0088 View Post
First thing is obviously to study and get the permit ? And is there a specific permit that your trying to get other than cdl ? Like the endorsements you mentioned
yes...cdl general knowledge, tanker and air brakes endorsement is need for dsny.....if you are taking it via a bus you will need the other endorsements that were stated

Old 10-07-2015, 03:01 PM

353 posts, read 471,316 times
Q: I don’t have a New York State CDL Class A and/or B License. Am I still eligible to take the written test?

A: Yes, you are eligible to take the written test. However, by the date of appointment, you must have a valid New York State CDL Class A or B License with an “N” Tank Vehicles endorsement.

More here: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...2014_10_01.pdf

I found this online and answers a lot of questions!

Old 10-07-2015, 03:13 PM

733 posts, read 724,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdogs View Post
Q: I don’t have a New York State CDL Class A and/or B License. Am I still eligible to take the written test?

A: Yes, you are eligible to take the written test. However, by the date of appointment, you must have a valid New York State CDL Class A or B License with an “N” Tank Vehicles endorsement.

More here: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...2014_10_01.pdf

I found this online and answers a lot of questions!
When exactly is the date of appointment ?

Old 10-07-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usrl1967 View Post
When exactly is the date of appointment ?
When your basically hired
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City