Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2015, 02:41 PM

353 posts, read 471,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom0088 View Post
What is NO CHANCE of getting it ? Just wondering
People have answered this question for you numerous times already. If I remember correctly your List # is in the 4000-5000 range. Folks have already told you that the chances of getting called anytime soon (if you even do get called) are slim to none. Your best bet of getting called is at least 3-4 years away. So folks wonder if you will just really hang out on these boards daily for 3-4 years? Is that your plan?

We are not trying to come down on you, but do not keep your expectations high, this is a reality check. Time to find something else to do and check back in a few years. Good Luck with whatever you choose.

Old 10-11-2015, 02:42 PM

359 posts, read 466,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub718 View Post
Venom after that comment you started asking regular questions. I made a dumb comment and it's good you admit it. Some other dudes just come here to start **** for no reason
Well yeah , I wasn't too thrilled with my number. And was a little upset . Guy sort of fanned the fire by saying I have absolutely no chance , even though other respected people here otj said that they think I do . Either way it was a bad comment , that isn't true , and I do respect MOST San man a lot !

Old 10-11-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willdogs View Post
People have answered this question for you numerous times already. If I remember correctly your List # is in the 4000-5000 range. Folks have already told you that the chances of getting called anytime soon (if you even do get called) are slim to none. Your best bet of getting called is at least 3-4 years away. So folks wonder if you will just really hang out on these boards daily for 3-4 years? Is that your plan?
Well , I post on avg one post a day , usually asking a pretty decent question , is there something wrong with that?

Old 10-11-2015, 02:56 PM

122 posts, read 202,922 times
Quote:
Well , I post on avg one post a day , usually asking a pretty decent question , is there something wrong with that?
Ppl aren't annoyed at the questions specifically, it was because of what you said before. You're rep is tarnished, and it won't be forgotten. Also, you seem to REALLY need this job considering you said you own an 8 family house/building in Williamsburg...No one believes you, so you're thought of as a fake. Williamsburg is one of most expensive neighborhoods in Brooklyn, so if you're saying you own an 8 family home you would not be needing a job like this.

Old 10-11-2015, 03:00 PM

19 posts, read 28,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
LOL I went through the process and got hired by reading what the city mailed to me and followed the directions. Didn't have to go to a website like this and have my hand held step by step through the process like this new generation. I didn't need a pep talk from random anonymous people on a message board telling me what to do with my life. Didn't need to know every little detail about the job because it wasn't necessary. You learn about the job when you get the job. Now you have fools here asking what the locker rooms are like? LOL seriously??? You have people here now literally obsessing about this job 24/7 and they have NO CHANCE of getting it.

This place is a giant waste with the winners currently here. Joined up to try and help new guys get on, but this isn't worth it anymore. See ya later people enjoy your drama.
I have more time on then everyone on this forum... no reason to be a douche.
If you're that upset about the questions being asked... just dont answer.
Thats what i do

Old 10-11-2015, 03:07 PM

193 posts, read 416,945 times
Quote:
What is NO CHANCE of getting it ? Just wondering
I dont remember your list #, was it the high 4000s? Heres why people are telling you this, I got on in 08. There were 2 classes called 125 each class. I dont remember last list # but it was probably around 450. So to get 250 they called 450. BUT.....the next class called doesn't start with 451 and continue, at least 30% of the third class were compromised of guys who missed the first 2 classes due to having to appeal medical d/q or failing the road test and not having cdl. So when you consider the average hiring per TEST is 2000, a hell of a lot of people above you need to screw up for them to get up to the 4,5000. ( if they ever do) Theres a very very small possibility that by year 4 people may get tired of waiting & find other jobs which could move that list a little. All the other dreams you have like them extending the list are crazy. They are not extending the list. And theres so much hype about city jobs & pensions these days that very few will turn it down. What I'm trying to tell you is you wont even be able to see if you might have a shot till at least 2018. Live your life & if years from now you get called ( its a real long shot & thats the truth) then worry about it. You gotta always take into account people passed over can get their s*** together in time for the next class. There are guys with better list numbers than mine hired more than 2 years after me because they failed the road test

Old 10-11-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewerRat View Post
Ppl aren't annoyed at the questions specifically, it was because of what you said before. You're rep is tarnished, and it won't be forgotten. Also, you seem to REALLY need this job considering you said you own an 8 family house/building in Williamsburg...No one believes you, so you're thought of as a fake. Williamsburg is one of most expensive neighborhoods in Brooklyn, so if you're saying you own an 8 family home you would not be needing a job like this.
Again I don't need a job like this . I want a job like this . Wether someone believes me or not , I could careless . If I wanted to I can prove my identity and show proof of ownership . But that is not something I will do online . Furthermore, if you knew anything about willy b, you would know how it used to be not even 12 years ago .

Old 10-11-2015, 03:50 PM

515 posts, read 875,551 times
Quote:
willy b
Is that what the cool kids call it these days?

Old 10-11-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkub101 View Post
Is that what the cool kids call it these days?
Yeah u know us hipsters/yuppies . Always inventing new terms .

Old 10-11-2015, 04:16 PM

6 posts, read 7,071 times
I understand that felons have gotten on this job but does a dui on record affect you're chances of getting in or can potentially dq you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City