Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2015, 09:52 AM

47 posts, read 75,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYhopeful1 View Post
I am pretty certain I aced the test with a 100, add the residency that would make it a 105. Why do I feel like that STILL wont be enough? With the sheer number of people who took the exam, a score of 105 might still place you in the thousands...

I realize SSN will be the tie-breakers, but should a person with a perfect score feel confident theyll get the job? Or is it still very much a uncertain prospect?
It will be enough for a call. Yes, there are a lot more people taking the test but I have a feeling they'll use this list for awhile. And even though you're confident of a perfect score, a lot of people didn't get one last time so you never know...

Old 02-13-2015, 10:04 AM

81 posts, read 138,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjenyc View Post
It will be enough for a call. Yes, there are a lot more people taking the test but I have a feeling they'll use this list for awhile. And even though you're confident of a perfect score, a lot of people didn't get one last time so you never know...
Yeah I hear ya, I am actually petrified of the protest session lol. I know thats the only time you can check all your answers, and its really the best indicator of how you did until actual list numbers.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:16 AM

69 posts, read 156,421 times
Quote:
I am pretty certain I aced the test with a 100, add the residency that would make it a 105. Why do I feel like that STILL wont be enough? With the sheer number of people who took the exam, a score of 105 might still place you in the thousands...

I realize SSN will be the tie-breakers, but should a person with a perfect score feel confident theyll get the job? Or is it still very much a uncertain prospect?
Nah dude ... That's the best score you can possibly get
If a couple hundred military vets got the same score then they would have a 110, or higher
But I was looking at the last list and that was very RARE
Besides they deserve the job more than we regular folks do..
They had the balls. To go fight in war

If your confident I wouldn't worry about it.. You got plenty of time to be called
If a lot people fail the drug test.. A lot of people don't want to show up to the test
They'd rather just be druggies

Old 02-13-2015, 10:20 AM

193 posts, read 416,945 times
Quote:

Nothings guaranteed because this is the city, you can't trust anything till it actually happens, BUT.... with a score of 105 you have a definite great shot at getting on ( barring drug or medical issues) The only issue is when. Usually I'd say with a score of 105 you would be called the first year. This is not set in stone but they usually hire approx 4 classes a year @ approx 125 per class. That means in total this list will hire about 2,000 people before the list expires. Its trickier this year because of the massive amt of people who took it, you could be one of 9,000 who got 105. Then it all comes down to optimum ssn and how many people get d/q along the way. But yeah, you got a good shot

Old 02-13-2015, 10:27 AM

81 posts, read 138,162 times
Thanks guys for all the responses...guess the only thing left to do is just wait for offical scores and list numbers. Goodluck to you all and godbless 5001.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:28 AM

2 posts, read 3,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VasG View Post
Boccstar was ur first answer b I had a problem with that one

Yeah it was B. My friend

Old 02-13-2015, 10:38 AM

7 posts, read 17,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grins View Post
Just go down to the office an do it in person others have already done it an they will give you a receipt to show you they fix it an yes I know people that went down there this week already.
Do you know the address of this office?
Would you be referring to this address:

NYC Department of Citywide Administrative Services
One Centre Street, 17th Floor South
New York, NY 10007

Old 02-13-2015, 10:39 AM

69 posts, read 156,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeydsnyqnsw View Post
Nothings guaranteed because this is the city, you can't trust anything till it actually happens, BUT.... with a score of 105 you have a definite great shot at getting on ( barring drug or medical issues) The only issue is when. Usually I'd say with a score of 105 you would be called the first year. This is not set in stone but they usually hire approx 4 classes a year @ approx 125 per class. That means in total this list will hire about 2,000 people before the list expires. Its trickier this year because of the massive amt of people who took it, you could be one of 9,000 who got 105. Then it all comes down to optimum ssn and how many people get d/q along the way. But yeah, you got a good shot

holy.. your right brother its certainly possible
for that many people to get 105.00 the more takers the more possible high scores

If that happens I am def. screwed
Look at the last list.
It'll give you an idea of what to maybe expect

The first 3,000 + people on that list had 105-100 on 6063. so picture that X3 for 5001

I wish I was able to take 6063. The odds were much better especially with two Extensions

Old 02-13-2015, 11:19 AM

47 posts, read 75,152 times
Quote:
Yeah I hear ya, I am actually petrified of the protest session lol. I know thats the only time you can check all your answers, and its really the best indicator of how you did until actual list numbers.
Same here but I can't wait forever. I really want to know how I did. As long as the protest is on a day I can go in going.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:25 AM

6 posts, read 14,597 times
It was B indeed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City