Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 05:27 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The NYC medical examiner ruined this a homicide.
Among other things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 05:39 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
The NYC medical examiner ruined this a homicide. Are you sure you aren't being as irrational as those you call race pimps?

It's quite clear Garner wasn't cooperating with the cops (This ends today) and it's quite clear Orta was a fellow crook. At the same time, Garner died because of the police action, and the city's examiner has confirmed it. Clearly the cops did not deliberately set out to kill Garner (things escalated when he resisted arrest), but KILL him they did.

On both sides of this people should be ashamed of themselves for spreading deliberate lies in order to push whatever agenda.
A finding of homicide by the ME only means the person died at the hands of another. It is NOT a finding of criminal culpability. That is up to the DA to determine. And as Bigjake said, the chokehold is not ILLEGAL. No specific physical move is ILLEGAL as per the penal code. It is banned per the NYPD patrol guide, which does not hold the force of law. The most likely outcome of this incident is that the officer is either not charged at all or found innocent at trial, but still fired by the NYPD due to administrative charges for using a department-banned technique.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:28 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
A finding of homicide by the ME only means the person died at the hands of another. It is NOT a finding of criminal culpability. That is up to the DA to determine. And as Bigjake said, the chokehold is not ILLEGAL. No specific physical move is ILLEGAL as per the penal code. It is banned per the NYPD patrol guide, which does not hold the force of law. The most likely outcome of this incident is that the officer is either not charged at all or found innocent at trial, but still fired by the NYPD due to administrative charges for using a department-banned technique.
Understood. I think the officer will not even be charged. My point was that Garner died at the hands of the office, and there is no question about that. The only think that will happen is the civil suit.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:37 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
A finding of homicide by the ME only means the person died at the hands of another. It is NOT a finding of criminal culpability. That is up to the DA to determine.
And since the DA and the cops have to work together all the time, we know how that will go.

Quote:
And as Bigjake said, the chokehold is not ILLEGAL. No specific physical move is ILLEGAL as per the penal code. It is banned per the NYPD patrol guide, which does not hold the force of law. The most likely outcome of this incident is that the officer is either not charged at all or found innocent at trial, but still fired by the NYPD due to administrative charges for using a department-banned technique.
And then reinstated once the union makes a squawk.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:59 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,832 times
Court date delayed for man who filmed Eric Garner being placed in chokehold - NY Daily News
"They searched me, didn't find nothing. They searched the girl and found the gun on her."
"Lekaj insisted she too was innocent and that Orta ... gave her the gun."

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-s...80.png/218.png

Old 08-04-2014, 10:10 PM

857 posts, read 1,200,149 times
Quote:
Garner and Orta were career criminals, plain and simple. I do think the cops used excessive force on Garner, but the reality is if he had not devoted his life to crime he wouldn't have gone down the way he did. He told the police that his issues with the cops would end that day, and end it did.

Garner, a drug dealer (among other crimes), not surprisingly had a friend, Orta, who was a drug dealer (among other crimes).
diallo wasnt a criminal either......didnt stop them from pumping 41 shots at him.....patrick dorismond just got in trouble for smoking weed (something I KNOW most of you self righteous focks have done @ some point in your lives)....ironically the confrontation was bc the undercover thought he sold weed and dorismond told him to step off......

the NYPD, as well as all police depts exist to protect the rich from the poor. with rampant gentrification, the NYPD assaults are only going to increase. In the non gentrified ghetto, the cops sole purpose is for damage control and occasional extortion (see the Larry Davis story among others)........

Eric Garner couldve been a squeaky clean real life carlton banks or steve urkel and you insecure bigoted cowards and butch arse uncle toms would still find an excuse to justify what happened......

sometimes i swear ppl here are so doggone blinded by bigotry and racist thought that a cop could put one of you guys or your loved one ina chokehold just for minding your business and yall would still give that cop a pass

and even if he was selling single cigarettes it certainly doesnt warrant a chokehold when he tried to cooperate....rodney king put up more resistance.........and if he was selling cigarettes SO WHAT??? i know most of you self righteous hypocritical cowards probably bought weed, ecstacy or some other illegal drug at some point in your life and you werent looking @ your dealer as some lowlife......and I dont hear you guys saying none of that stuff about the mafia, or the wall street criminals who are a much bigger threat than this guy was......

then again why am I surprised? im @ the NYC board on city data, one of the most bigoted boards on city data....

smh

Old 08-04-2014, 10:19 PM

384 posts, read 512,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post

then again why am I surprised? im @ the NYC board on city data, one of the most bigoted boards on city data....

smh
What a confused rant. Garner wasn't Carlton Banks. He had been arrested more times than the Yankees have won the World Series.

The reaction you see here, I think, is that most people cannot imagine interacting with a cop the way Eric Garner did. Most people understand that the sidewalk where you're being cuffed isn't the place to litigate your case.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:26 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,306,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post

smh
So typical of the race baiter. No one agrees with me then they are bigots and raciest. Funny thing is that the people screaming racism are usually the more raciest then anyone else.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:28 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quite a twist in events I'd say. I'm sure Pantanleo is very happy for this guy who filmed him choking a man to death is going to jail.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:29 PM

857 posts, read 1,200,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatshoe View Post
What a confused rant. Garner wasn't Carlton Banks. He had been arrested more times than the Yankees have won the World Series.

The reaction you see here, I think, is that most people cannot imagine interacting with a cop the way Eric Garner did. Most people understand that the sidewalk where you're being cuffed isn't the place to litigate your case.
my point was that even if he was the people who said garner had it coming to him would say the same if this happened to a real life carlton banks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City