Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 05:31 AM

2,465 posts, read 2,763,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Oh please. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Stupid cop, I'm more educated than his ass..probably never finished college.

It is really unfair.
The minimum requirement to join the NYPD is the successful completion of 60 college credits from an accredited university with a minimum 2.0 gpa. That's an Associates Degree. That was instituted close to 20 years ago. The college credits requirement is waived if the person has completed 2 years of active duty military service with an honorable discharge.

So, maybe they don't have a Bachelors (many do) but the average cop under the age of 40 has at least an Associates.

My mom told me a long time ago life isn't fair. Either you accept that or you spend your life angry and unsatisfied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 07:35 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Sisko View Post
As opposed to someone like Cliven Bundy Who is hailed as a hero for being defiant of law and being defiant in paying whats owed to the government.
Hailed as a hero by right-wing extremists.
Most folks think of him as a deadbeat, grazing his animals on Federal land and not paying a dime.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:47 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,241,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Sisko View Post
Cliven Bundy ... is ... defiant in paying whats owed to the government.
If everyone who owed the feds money was in jail, we'd need 10x as many prisons.
Meanwhile, one Cliven down, one to go:
Son of Cliven Bundy, who engaged in armed standoff with federal agents, arrested in Las Vegas* - NY Daily News
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Most folks think of him as a deadbeat, grazing his animals on Federal land and not paying a dime.
Just as many wonder why Al Sharpton isn't in prison. Jesse Jr. is.
2008: Sharpton owes $1.5 million in back taxes - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News
2012: Taxes are for the little people | New York Post
2014: Sharpton demands accountability, but still owes millions in back taxes | New York Post

Last edited by bigjake54; 08-07-2014 at 09:55 PM..

Old 10-08-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmarefromelmhurst View Post
my neighborhoods patrolled by the 110th precint ... well known they hate hispanics.
30% of police officers are latino, so they must have their reasons ...
Nice screen name, BTW. No wonder you're unloved.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:53 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
cops are full of ****. my neighborhoods patrolled by the 110th precint and it is well known they hate hispanics. IMO one of the most corrupt forces in the whole city. they go around stopping anyone here. i seen them arresting dudes who have a gram of weed on them and putting them through the system even though anything thats less than 25 grams is supposed to be a desk appearance ticket. but if your white, they'll just stop you and say "what are ya doin out here buddy. go on. get the **** out of here" and leave. i have a white friend named chip, whenever we were out drinking i made sure he was there because they always let us go because of him. we'd let him do all the talking. they never gave us tickets or anything. without him we'd have about 100 by now.

YOU ARE BUSTED DUDE! You pulled that Chip friend of yours out of a Dave Chappell routine.

Dave Chappelle and his white friend Chip - YouTube
Dave Chappelle and his white friend Chip - YouTube

Last edited by Above Average Bear; 10-08-2014 at 08:25 PM..

Old 10-08-2014, 08:13 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Any cop that goes out and is proactive is a fool. The city will do anything in their power to screw them.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
show me a latino cop from the 110 precint and ill show you tupacs killer.
http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2013...-phone-thieves
"Community Affairs Officer Janine Rivera"
110th Precinct Community Council Presents Awards | www.qgazette.com | Queens Gazette
One who was:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...ticle-1.455963
"The Chilean-born cop joined the NYPD four years ago and was assigned to the 110th Precinct"

Old 10-08-2014, 08:58 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
show me a latino cop from the 110 precint
Quote:
I think your missing the point...you showed 2 cops who were latin
You specifically asked for something, which you got, and now you're complaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City