Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2014, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,248 times

Advertisements

I know alot of NYCHA residents filled out an Annual income packet so around this time they should be receiving a new rent bill with the new rent hike.

just wondering if any nycha resident is doing self-employment work and how does it work or your rent?

The situation I'm at right now is I want to make more money.. so I started doing some self-employment work along with me already working another job as an employee. I was wondering how does NYCHA calculate self-employment work for rent. Will they lump my self-employment income with my total yearly income from my other job... Or will they put that self employment income as like my stocks income?

The thing is ..one of my household members made $500 as an employee in 2013 but they put him as making $6000 annual income. even though he only worked there for a month its because they calculate it as projected annual gross income.

If my self employment income will be linked with my income from my other job then it pushes me over the next bracket rent income. my rent will increase another $250 a month which would negate the pay I get from doing self employment work each month.. tax is high for self employment so it wouldn't make sense for me to do self employment work because 95% of it would go back to rent+taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City