Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2014, 08:21 AM

106,666 posts, read 108,810,853 times

Advertisements

when college grads are in the 5% range and un-educated drop outs are 4 to 5x that ,that isn't the economy as much as that is being passed over .

Old 08-09-2014, 08:22 AM

106,666 posts, read 108,810,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
A lot of you stress education but you really mean get more brainwash and that's still no guarantee; just another way for blacks to go indebt and make the white man rich. All
this stuff going on is by design and many people are smart enough to not even bother
Assimilating into your crooked white society.
education as in lacking basic math, verbal and reading skills.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:23 AM

937 posts, read 1,134,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
These days most married women just get to take maternity leave and they have to go back to work. So it's perfectly fine to compare women to men.

I don''t know any Black women who took time of to raise children, everyone I know had to go back to work and this includes both married and single women.
No, it's not perfectly fine to compare women to men w/ respect to employment figures. A number of young women actually elect to leave the workforce or take on part-time positions until their children are in grade school.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:23 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Actually it is relevant. Contract positions are short-term, meaning many of these people are unemployed, after a few months of working. Also, most unskilled contract workers barely make minimum wage.
Obviously you won't leave a bad neighborhood by working as a security guard or by getting a low level retail job.

I pointed out the security guard and retail because some people on this thread are basically claiming that nobody in poor neighborhoods ever works. That's not true. Many of them do work. Crappy jobs, unstable jobs, jobs that don't get you anywhere but they do work.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:30 AM

937 posts, read 1,134,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
A lot of you stress education but you really mean get more brainwash and that's still no guarantee; just another way for blacks to go in debt and make the white man richer. All this stuff going on is by design and many people are smart enough to not even bother assimilating into your crooked white society.
The so-called "brainwashed" folks who are actively working in the system that you despise, often have to support those who refuse to work.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:42 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Man,

I don't know you but I can just about guess most of your observations are from what you see on television.

Most people that bring up ghetto blacks and hood mentality are those that have the least exposure to them.

The ones that never associate with them unless they are at work.

The truth is that your comments being posted to a website are not going to do anything to help anyone.

I am sure that you know this already.

How many black professionals have you actually talked to FACE TO FACE about the issue.

My guess is none.

Hilltopjay says he's black.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:45 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
Quote:
The so-called "brainwashed" folks who are actively working in the system that you despise, often have to support those who refuse to work.

^ Your taxes go to support politicians, police and infrastructure more than supporting blacks. Most blacks wouldn't even take your scraps anyway. This country isn't doing much for us. Unlike your people, we're out here on our own and you wouldn't survive the same fate.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:01 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Mathjack lies and Bronxguyanese can't even be bothered to read those articles.

"The decline, from 7.9 percent in January, was fueled mainly by a drop in unemployment among women. For African-American jobseekers, however, little changed. The black unemployment rate remained at 13.2 percent."

"According to Dr. Parrott’s analysis of the federal data, fewer than half — 49.2 percent — of all black women of working age in the city had jobs in the year that ended in May. That was about the same rate for black men in the same period, as well as in the first four months of 2012.

That less-than-half measure in a statistic known as the employment-to-population ratio covers all black New Yorkers, whether they are seeking work or not. It is down from 55 percent in the 12 months that ended in May 2008, when the city’s economy was still in high gear, Dr. Parrott found. Nationally, about 53 percent of all blacks and 60 percent of whites are working."

The numbers change from year to year. Mathjak is outright lying when he says they don't. He still didn't post links from 2014. This years stats could be better or worse.

So a huge chunk of the population doesn't work if only 60% of whites nationally are working, and people like Mathjak leave that out so they can continue their usual attacks against people they already hate. This includes people LIKE you Bronxguyanese, since you are an underemployed person of color (who is always posting about how white transplants come to NYC and get great jobs while you, a person born here can't seem to do so). So Bronxguyanese, care to theorize why you can't find those great jobs that the white transplants can get? Are Mathjak's explanations applicable to you? Do you have poor English, a criminal record, drugs, etc?
I'm not underemployed and I make a decent income. I never was, I'm just trying to move up. No I don't have any of those negative nuances that you have mentioned. I'm a clean cut guy my friend, no criminal record, excellent credit score and very very little debt and I mean very little. The average suburban millennial transplant to NYC has has light years more debt than I have and factor in sky high rents. I smell default on Freddie Mac door. Hell if I want to I can put a down payment on a home outside of the city right now. I know what other people are going through and I wish I can help but I can't. We live in an every man for themselves society, the basis of American individualism. I came across a forum recently not in City data, via Google Hangout. I mentioned how suburbs need to become sustainable so that college educated millennials can go back home after college gain employment enjoy main street and not having to move to Be or Harlem jacking up rents and taking away good jobs. Everyone agreed. No offense I do hope suburbs become sustainable for white millennials.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:21 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
No, it's not perfectly fine to compare women to men w/ respect to employment figures. A number of young women actually elect to leave the workforce or take on part-time positions until their children are in grade school.
It's perfectly fine, because if they are leaving the workforce who is supporting these women? Welfare? The marriage rates among poor Black women aren't particularly high.

So again, it's a low work rate for Black women. And you could say the same things for these young women you said about those men. Many of these women are working as temp office assistants (read dead end), clerks, cashiers, and other going nowhere jobs.

Stop trying to hide behind being a woman. Behind every crappy ghetto scum of a man is a lousy mother, and a dumb woman stupid enough to let him knock her up, and equally crappy sisters.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:22 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
here you go, the numbers don't change year to year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/21/ny...city.html?_r=0

country wide black unemployment is 2x the unemployment rate

Unemployment falls to 7.5 percent, black unemployment remains at 13.2 percent | theGrio

50% of blacks who drop out of school are unemployed and only 1 out 10 10 graduates with a diploma

lhttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/30/male-african-american-unemployment_n_2986180.html
Your Huffington Post link doesn't work for me. When you say that "1 out 10 graduates with a diploma" are you talking about NYC only? Also, if 1 in 10 is true then that would be 10% when in fact the Black high school graduation rate in NYC is 37%. Still not something to be proud of, but interestingly enough in other states the graduation rates for Black males are higher. In Vermont, for example, a place that isn't known for diversity, the Black male graduation exceeds the White graduation rate. Maybe in states that have fewer Blacks, the ones that do live there aren't living in urban, inner city environments. Environment plays a big role in education. The inner city of NYC isn't exactly conducive for being pro education now is it?

Take a sampling of middle classed or above blacks or blacks who weren't raised in inner city ghettos and I bet you, the graduation rates are higher.

I think you're also stretching it a bit because I'm sure not all (or even a majority) of the unemployed Blacks are truly unemployable.

I think that Blacks should explore getting into trades and create their own jobs by doing good, physically demanding work. My neighbor next door probably has no more than a high school education but he is raking in the dough as a tile contractor. He makes virtually all cash and has enough to own his home and put his three kids through college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City