Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 11:48 AM

70 posts, read 71,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
When people see a large % of a particular race committing majority of the crime the natural tenancy is to be suspicious.

If 1 in 6 black male is arrested before turning 18, that dramatically makes it harder to become employed by any establishment.

Change the stat then you will see people will change their manner.

Your argument is silly because obviously if the police are targeting a group more, there will be more arrests. But it doesn't mean blacks are committing more crime, it just means we are charged more often.

Take a look at the growing heroin epidemic in the white upper income areas throughout the country. The police aren't arresting strung out white kids. Instead of being in a jail, they are brought to drug treatment centers.

The same L.I. cops however work in NYC and have no problem arresting young black men for marijuana possession. Do you see how it works? On the surface it looks like blacks are committing more "crimes," but in actuality, the white cops are just turning a blind eye to the white junkies and not locking them up.

Those stats are posted on their crime websites and of course people like you come along and state with glee, "1 in 6 black males are arrested before turning 18." Funny you can't cite the stats for the white junkies though.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:52 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathomist321 View Post
Don't hold back now, tell us what you really think.
Did it look like I was holding back? Hoodrat pre-emption!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
keep in mind the experience of Henry Louis Gates
Had my photo taken in front of his house, a few days later!
Quote:
Who could forget Prof. Gates' experience with the good ole' Boston police dept. He was on his own property, when the officer asked to see his ID and arrested him.
He was on the property of Harvard University. It was the Cambridge PD.
Best part was when it turned out that he & the sergeant are distant cousins!
Quote:
I can't imagine that ever happening to Prof. Noam Chompsky!
Your imagination is as weak as your spelling.
Chomsky would probably baffle everyone with a discourse on the meaning of the word 'identification'.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Did it look like I was holding back?
You need to just come out with it and say that you despise blacks. Why hold back?

Old 08-13-2014, 12:02 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,832 times
Quote:
You need to just come out with it and say that you despise blacks. Why hold back?
I don't despise blacks. I despise hoodrats. You should too, but you'd rather identify with the thugs. Says a lot about you. Pull your pants up!

Old 08-13-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Did it look like I was holding back? Hoodrat pre-emption!

Had my photo taken in front of his house, a few days later!

No, he was at his residence, regardless of whether the home was rented from Harvard.

Quote:
Your imagination is as weak as your spelling.
Chomsky would probably baffle everyone with a discourse on the meaning of the word 'identification'.
The point is, a white professor would never experience the same level of degradation and racism that was experienced by Prof. Henry Gates.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I don't despise blacks. I despise hoodrats. You should too, but you'd rather identify with the thugs. Says a lot about you. Pull your pants up!
Since you like using racialized stereotypes, stop molesting children and shooting up schools!

Old 08-13-2014, 12:16 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Let's be honest about something, black women are at the bottom of this society so of course she would get arrested,but do you really think the same would happen to a white woman? I don't think so. Tell us about a time when you called the police on a white woman and the police "handled" her for you.
A white woman never tried to bar the entry of my doorway, and never ranted and raved and screamed at me. If a white woman ever does, be assured I will not hesitate to call the police.

Though I was around during occupy wall street when certain whites got busted for doing certain criminal things. I saw with my own two eyes whites get roughed up as well.

So dude, are you even a Black guy? You seem to be determined to stir up racial hatred, by desperately trying to install fear in Blacks of cops. I don't fear cops. I actually have friends who were cops, and to take it further many of the men in my family were military. I have the utmost respect and admiration for soldiers and officers (among others) who serve the public and this country.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I despise thugs or hoodlums regardless of race. I also despise racists (not calling you that, but those in this thread who are known who they are).

Old 08-13-2014, 12:18 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times
Quote:

This is true - should have pointed it out myself. I assumed people would know the whole story.

Notice that Gates himself did not make an enormous media circus out of the whole thing.

Your oppenent reminds me of many of the "new" Harlem folk. Lovin' the black man and all.
People always miss the actual and inherent racism in that.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
When people see a large % of a particular race committing majority of the crime the natural tenancy is to be suspicious.

If 1 in 6 black male is arrested before turning 18, that dramatically makes it harder to become employed by any establishment.

Change the stat then you will see people will change their manner.
There's no need to change the stat. You can do background checks to verify whether or not someone is a criminal.

Otherwise, if it's statistical purposes, men should never be allowed to teach or even work or go near a K-12, since the majority of child molesters are male.

But fortunately the educational system doesn't think like that because though the majority of child molesters are male, most men are not child molesters and the assess candidates on the basis of what the individual candidate has done.

But back to angry and hateful, if you can't even see how you sound you have some serious issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City