Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2014, 09:51 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,535,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
If I ever sounded arrogant, that was because I was wrestling either with mr. marilyn or ritedude on this forum, because I know that I have the upper hand when it comes to debating fundamental live values with them.

Sorry for any collateral damages to others on this board...
You generally sound arrogant when addressing topics involving blacks.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farruko View Post
A big problem for black college graduates is due to people of Caucasian descent help other whites get jobs. People are more comfortable working with people that look like themselves. Blacks Lose When Whites Help Whites Get Jobs - Businessweek

And that is an honest response. People who are most connected have the easiest time finding employment and also often in succeeding in their careers.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:11 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Does telling some one that blacks of all ethnicities face racism and bias imply an inferiority complex? I think not. The header said "black men", not "black American men".
Sir, I think your reading comprehension skills may need a boost.

I did not say anything about blacks of all ethnicities facing racism. Nor was it about unemployment of any kind. That WAS NOT in my comment. And then you have the nerve to accuse someone of having an inferiority complex.

Perhaps you mistaken another poster's comment for being mines, or misinterpreted what I said.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:18 PM

5,118 posts, read 4,966,473 times
Quote:
And that is an honest response. People who are most connected have the easiest time finding employment and also often in succeeding in their careers.
But realize that this is not limited to the white race only. in the IT world in silicon valley and elsewhere the indians are improportionally concentrated because they promote their own ppl in the field and repelbother races; similar situations in the medical field and gas station business where indians dominate. the jews do the same, so does the arabs. as long as there are distinctive social/racial interest groups, there are human politics. in the professional world, you will.find that those "white racists" fight each other fiercely because there are no preys of other races.
instead of overly focusing on the social injustice and disparity that the minority groups are facing, they should utilize all opportunities to improve themselves and work harder to overcome the social barriers as a group, and the jews have succeeded extremely well in this aspect considering how much resistance they received from the wasps upon their landing in this land.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
instead of overly focusing on the social injustice and disparity that the minority groups are facing, they should utilize all opportunities to improve themselves and work harder to overcome the social barriers as a group, land.

All well and good but even you will admit that there are a much broader range of situations dominated by whites, and therefore whites have greater possibilities of access.

Should blacks fold their arms and give up. NO and despite what you might think most don't because they can't.

However should blacks then be compared to whites and lambasted because they will have higher incidences of under performance? No! Not unless you want me to describe to you all the advantages that whites, males in particular have over others.

And here is where you display your arrogance again as it is a well knowing saying amongst black Americans about having to "work twice as hard to get half as far".

Why do people who aren't black, and who obviously know NOTHING about blacks anoint themselves as experts on blacks? Can you tell me?

Old 08-14-2014, 11:25 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,405,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
C'mon now.

You know very well they don't distinguish between who is African American and who is Caribbean or African.

They just see black people.
I don't beeline Caribbean and Africans commit the crimes to the level that Marilyn is trying to explain. And I'm not sure if Caribbean people have surpassed African Americans. Africans definitely have not.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:27 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,405,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine_565 View Post
I don't believe there are many African Americans in New York City. Most of the black NYC population consists of recent immigrants and 1st and 2nd generation Caribbeans and Africans.

The majority of AAs reside in the South.
There are many AAs in NYC.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:25 AM

112 posts, read 131,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
There are many AAs in NYC.
I didn't mean to imply that there aren't AA's in NYC. I was only pointing out that there are far more AAs in the South, particularly in GA, SC, & AL, than in the tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT).

Old 08-15-2014, 08:22 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
So why is this?

Indeed other studies indicate that a black high school grad with NO CRIMINAL record earns the same as a whte high school grad with a criminal record.

Also, it's been proven that white criminals with felonies will land a job twice as fast as a black criminal with the same record.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:39 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
I don't beeline Caribbean and Africans commit the crimes to the level that Marilyn is trying to explain.
I never said they were the main ones committing crimes. I said HOW does anyone know if the "black" in question is from the African continent, caribbean or African American descendants of slaves?

The thing is NO ONE KNOWS, but blacks as an entire GROUP gets lumped together as though we are all ONE.

This isn't done when describing the asian, hispanic or other race criminal.

For example:

Korean american, Thomas _______, just slaughtered his entire family.

Chinese american, Suzy _____, arrested for throwing boiling water on her sleeping husband for cheating her.

Jake Runningbird of the Navaho Nation arrested for a DUI.

Colombian american, Jose ________ busted for feeding his wife to the family on Christmas.

Ukranian american, Vlad _______ and his wife Irina convicted of welfare fraud.

^^Everyone of these groups get their ethnic and racial breakdowns when discussing criminal activity EXCEPT people of african descent.

They never say:

Nigerian american, Kenneth ________ murders wife for cheating.

Jamaican american, David ________ arrested for punching old man out on the street in gang initiation.

^^They are automatically called African AMERICANS regardless of their ethnic heritage which makes it seem like it's only african americans committing all these crimes and other negativity.

The TRUTH is thousands of black AMERICANS (slave descendants) have left this city in droves and have no plans on returning to live. Ever. Most of the blacks that are in this city are of WI and African heritage. They are first, second and third generations.

Just like Irish and Italians are still called "Irish" and "Italians", even though many have never been to those countries. They get an ethnic breakdown as well when committing crimes.

Everyone does EXCEPT black people.

Why?

ETA: I know I won't get an answer just like I haven't for the other things I've posted here, but I just wanted to let the NON-BLACKS know that not all blacks are the same just cause they're BLACK. We want ethnic breakdowns too when crimes are committed like everyone else gets.

Last edited by marilyn220; 08-15-2014 at 08:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City