Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 08:10 PM

512 posts, read 765,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyblack View Post
That was messed up they posted it on NYC.gov then taking it down giving everybody blue balls
twice they gave these guys blue balls...

Old 08-16-2014, 08:32 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,392,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyblack View Post
That was messed up they posted it on NYC.gov then taking it down giving everybody blue balls

Apparently dcas posts are on a timer so it automatically posted twice now and they took it down

Old 08-17-2014, 07:57 AM

51 posts, read 111,277 times
To all you new guys starting on Monday. Enjoy your first 30 days because that majestic bird the round Robin is coming. LOL! Being a bottom guy is not so bad. Signing nights is not always a good thing, it's up to you and what's best for you. Being forced on the tissue may become a good thing! 18 months of probation is not a long time but it's Long enough to lose your job. So buy two Alarm clocks and set them. No AWOL , no lateness and stay away from those xwop because does lead to probation extensions. Good luck be safe God bless!

Old 08-17-2014, 09:08 AM

327 posts, read 469,395 times
I can't find the glove liners for rubber gloves in Home Depot or K-Mart.... any ideas what stores I should look in?

Old 08-17-2014, 09:13 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,968,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRockSays View Post
I can't find the glove liners for rubber gloves in Home Depot or K-Mart.... any ideas what stores I should look in?
I order all my gloves off galeton.com

Old 08-17-2014, 09:14 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,968,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneaday11 View Post
To all you new guys starting on Monday. Enjoy your first 30 days because that majestic bird the round Robin is coming. LOL! Being a bottom guy is not so bad. Signing nights is not always a good thing, it's up to you and what's best for you. Being forced on the tissue may become a good thing! 18 months of probation is not a long time but it's Long enough to lose your job. So buy two Alarm clocks and set them. No AWOL , no lateness and stay away from those xwop because does lead to probation extensions. Good luck be safe God bless!
Two alarms for sure, don't rely on your phone!!

Old 08-17-2014, 09:16 AM

316 posts, read 489,744 times
Quote:
Look for one of those safety stores popping up everywhere that has the cones and vest and signs in front when you drive by.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:40 AM

61 posts, read 84,759 times
Quote:
gorilla grips are great for inserts and they do have them @ some home depots, they're a little expensive (about $4 or $5) but your hands won't sweat as much in them, they're also great for driving, get L or XL so they are not too tight.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:57 AM

73 posts, read 109,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneaday11 View Post
Everything he said is true, don't take getting bumped personal either. You will be able to bump people one day too. Being the bottom guy in the garage is not bad, you will get to learn all of the functions quicker then some of the guys above you. Don't be late and get red lined!!

Old 08-17-2014, 10:12 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,392,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 shorts and a long View Post
Everything he said is true, don't take getting bumped personal either. You will be able to bump people one day too. Being the bottom guy in the garage is not bad, you will get to learn all of the functions quicker then some of the guys above you. Don't be late and get red lined!!

Yup tis indeed true, you get to dabble in everything. I used to joke in the Bronx because when it came time for those days of knowing where the weight is, I seemed to be able to do it better than the 22 year guy, and then he finally made me realize one day.....with his seniority he just does his route every day so why would he he know how the other routes have evolved? He rightly only needed to his route....I needed to know them all plus baskets, weps, ez pack, etc.

It also gets you in a bunch of different equipment. My old shop steward used to joke that he had 24 years and no ideas how to operate an FEL or broom because he hadn't needed to touch either in over a decade because his seniority allowed him to choose otherwise. But you'll get forced on them all depending on day. Which is cool too since we start with little knowledge of any of the functions, you get forced into trying them all lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City