Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 06:18 AM

931 posts, read 801,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by landlordrochelle View Post
Hi my name is Rochelle I except this program 347 4589370
Where is your property located?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 09:28 AM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,860,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
You should leave New York for the good of your children, and seriously consider not bearing more.

You could all enjoy a far better quality of life with a lower cost of living.
This is not true anymore, if it ever was. This is a problem all over the country now. Many places have no shelter system, and people live in tent cities if its warm enough. Colder places with no shelter system have very little homeless for obvious reasons. Tent cities are being bulldozed, and the people are given vouchers for section 8 and similar housing to these LINC programs all over the country. Landlords are not accepting any as they are here.

More people will make their way to NY and other states that do have a shelter system.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:23 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
This is not true anymore, if it ever was. This is a problem all over the country now. Many places have no shelter system, and people live in tent cities if its warm enough. Colder places with no shelter system have very little homeless for obvious reasons. Tent cities are being bulldozed, and the people are given vouchers for section 8 and similar housing to these LINC programs all over the country. Landlords are not accepting any as they are here.

More people will make their way to NY and other states that do have a shelter system.
I now realize this ! Many people are currently coming here given the easier benefits relatively speaking.
Even a couple of years ago this was a much more feasible solution.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:29 AM

41 posts, read 85,975 times
Default help

im in a shelter right now and have had really crappy case workers i qualify for the linc 3 program voucher for the longest yet no one wants to help me, can you explain how you got the voucher like the steps. my case worker told me to go to hra , i went to hra they said the case worker has to give me a referral form and she is like she has no idea please help i've been here over a year in this mice infested unit with three small children five and under

Old 05-19-2015, 04:57 PM

3 posts, read 3,790 times
Go to department of homeless services website n put in a complaint. Call 311 and tell them what's going on and they will direct your call to the right person. Speak to your shelter director. Call any and everybody til someone helps you. That's what I did. It's almost like they wanna keep u in these shelters for the funding. Smh I can't wait til I'm finally in my field so I can be okay and not have to go threw none of this ever again God willing. A lot of ppl on here say move here and there but it's hard moving to another place you know nothing about. I've lived here my whole life. my job is here it's not the best but it's a job. I have a family and kids I can't just move somewhere I know nothing about, with nothing to nothing. I wouldn't even know where to start. Where would I work? WHat school will I attend and my children attend? I pay taxes as well.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:22 PM

3 posts, read 3,790 times
i wasn't born into a wealthy family so I didn't inherit anything. we all start from somewhere. I'm not a lazy, rude, nasty or no class person. My mom taught me manners, she taught me respect and taught me to love my neighbor and to treat others the way I want to be treated and that includes someone else's property that they worked hard for, worked hard to get, worked hard to keep and worked hard to maintain. If I'm blessed to find a place this will be my first and I will treat it as my castle. It will be mines, my husband and most importantly my children's home. One things for certain I will make sure my rent is always paid on time or before time because I never want to go threw this shelter stuff again and I'm definitely gonna do my next two years In school because $11 a hour is not gonna pay rent and bills in nyc and if I want to move or worst case If have to move in the future this will not happen to me again. Everyone is different and tho I understand why some landlords don't want to rent to people who have programs or have been in the shelter u can't judge everyone by what happened in the past because not everyone is the same but I do understand like I said. One rotten apple ruined it for the whole bunch.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,112 times
I work full-time have no children looking for 1 Bedroom at $1,100 max.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,008 times
can you show me a list of brokers that accept the linc vocher

Old 12-29-2015, 06:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,098 times
I think people should stop trolling and discouraging the woman from finding a landlord willing to accept her linc voucher. The OP wasn't asking for advice on moving out of state or getting a higher paying job; she was asking landlords who would be willing to accept her voucher. Your comments were a complete waste of time, and I hope the comments fall on deaf ears. Some people need to get a life and stop trollin. Losers.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:09 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jham1543 View Post
I think people should stop trolling and discouraging the woman from finding a landlord willing to accept her linc voucher.
Responses with which you do not agree have nothing to do with "trolling," which is a specific activity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City