Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 03:46 PM

2 posts, read 5,155 times

Advertisements

Hi Everybody! We also got an email for the interview. Does anyone know where to see photos/renderings of the apartments?

mollybloom - the phone number that appears on the email from Wavecrest is 718-412-3757.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 08:15 AM

154 posts, read 286,749 times
Thanks Dapemon. Far as I know there's just the one image, a rendering of the exterior. It will pop up if you google Elliot J Hobbs. Do you know what number you were in the lottery the nyc.gov website? Just curious since I still cannot get Wavecrest to reply to me.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:18 AM

2 posts, read 5,155 times
Yes mollybloom, I saw that one. Wanted to see for the interiors. I do not think there are any though. My log# was 21,684 but I do not think this matters as it is a lottery (theoretically...).

Old 10-02-2014, 09:33 AM

Thanks. I though the log number determined the order -- maybe not.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:53 AM

Last question, is the appointment on Friday in the Bronx or at Wavecrest in Richmond Hill?

Old 10-02-2014, 10:02 AM

12 posts, read 23,754 times
I also got an email and asked if I could reschedule, all the reply said was october 17th. I wrote back and asked where and what time and still no reply. Havent gotten anything in the mail either. Do we know if the interview is in the Bronx and if you just show up at a certain time?

Old 10-02-2014, 10:15 AM

110 posts, read 211,626 times
Right, this is one of the things I am worried about- Wave Crest has some bad reviews online, some spelling errors in emails and the 'rescheduled interviews' that for me were always given as Oct 3rd. I would worry about the response time- after all, we are the future possible tenants!

The Lottery numbers of course matter, the log numbers ARE the order but first preference is given to certain groups- those with disabilities, municipal workers etc.

I wanted also to say thank you MollyBloom for your previous response(s). It's a good deal (a great deal if you are in the lower income brackets) but again, a few things make me a bit nervous! (but that's my natural disposition anyway!

Old 10-02-2014, 11:44 AM

110 posts, read 211,626 times
The other things I was going to say were that the log numbers can be seen on "Housing Connect" if you are registered there. (I applied online initially). Also, the interviews are in the Bronx. I also want to reschedule and had the concern they wouldn't get back to me- but that's not a good sign!!

I think the actual buildings are nice (although I didn't see 'front balconies' in person that were on renderings), and I think the area is exploding real estate-wise but I definitely have concerns with the management company. (Wavecrest). Hopefully unfounded ones!

Old 10-02-2014, 07:29 PM

I didn't see the balconies either, except maybe way up high. Are the renderings totally false? I think I'm trying tomorrow on the basis of the "correction" email. Could be a fool's errand especially since I don't have CBP or any preferences. We shall see. And yeah, based on my experiences trying to reach Wavecrest, they suck big time.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:39 AM

12 posts, read 23,754 times
Has anyone gone on the interview today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery