Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 01:23 PM

110 posts, read 212,514 times

Advertisements

I emailed to reschedule and did not hear back. Anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 02:09 PM

12 posts, read 23,762 times
Readysteady- I did the same thing and the only said "the 17th October" in the reply and didnt answer any of the other questions i asked.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:28 PM

37 posts, read 87,636 times
it is safe in the area. Very gentrified 4 blocks away from Atlantic Avenue. A lot of bar and eateries going down Franklin Avenue Fulton street as well.

Old 10-08-2014, 02:27 PM

Did anyone go to the interviews? I didn't hear back re rescheduling yet...

Old 10-10-2014, 10:03 AM

Did anyone manage to reschedule??

Old 10-10-2014, 12:28 PM

28 posts, read 71,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readysteady View Post
Did anyone manage to reschedule??
Hi readysteady. From others' comments (e.g. linascheidt), it seems that the management company is being very short and not formally rescheduling interviews. They are replying to incoming inquiries by telling interviewees who missed the first interview to come by on the 17th. Unfortunately, the management company is not being forthcoming with much information.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:15 AM

2 posts, read 4,244 times
Hello everyone! So I have been on the NYC Housing lottery site for about 3 years. I have been searching for Apartments in the Bed Stuy area as it is close to my job and family. So it was a surprise to find an email telling me that my interview was suppose to be on the 4th instead of the 3rd. However, I was extremely leary because I had not received the first email informing me of an interview on the 4th, nor did the email have any company logo, letterhead, more detailed information, etc. I really believed this was a scam. I replied back to the email just to see and low and behold I received a response the next day politely telling me that I could come in on the 17th.

My dilemma: I sent back a thank you email asking to confirm the location and best time, with no response. So I am even more skeptical at this point, I even called the number listed in the reply email. It went to the voicemail of the lady who sent it. Again, her voicemail reiterated that if you needed to reschedule your interview to leave a message. But no other details. So I had to do some research and Google the property and the lady...low and behold I found you all!!!

So this must be real. You know I do not envy the Management Companies job. It must be overwhelming having thousands of people calling you with all types of questions, complaints,excuses,etc. However, if the correspondence would have had a little more details, then it would have atleast curbed my inquiry, lol!

Are the interviews being held in Queens or the Bronx? If they are in the Bronx, what is the location, as the email only had the Queens location listed. What are the hours open to interviewees to perform their interview?

Old 10-14-2014, 08:10 PM

Ok so it looks like we 'drop by' on Friday in the Bronx?? Anyone else going then or already completed interviews on the 3rd??

Old 10-15-2014, 09:38 AM

12 posts, read 23,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readysteady View Post
Ok so it looks like we 'drop by' on Friday in the Bronx?? Anyone else going then or already completed interviews on the 3rd??
They told me to come at 11 on Friday at 941 Hoe Avenue. But didn't tell me what to bring so i have been collecting all my information in the mean time.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:01 PM

2 posts, read 4,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linascheidt View Post
They told me to come at 11 on Friday at 941 Hoe Avenue. But didn't tell me what to bring so i have been collecting all my information in the mean time.
Here is a link to the list of items you will need to bring: http://www.wavecrestrentals.com/file...t-20121204.pdf

Thanks for the info! I had looked up that address, but wasn't so sure without confirmation. Good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery