Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 01:59 PM

12 posts, read 23,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sw33tSouthernLady View Post
Here is a link to the list of items you will need to bring: http://www.wavecrestrentals.com/file...t-20121204.pdf

Thanks for the info! I had looked up that address, but wasn't so sure without confirmation. Good luck to you!

Thanks for the link! We went on the interview today. It was nothing major. The lady told us the building would be ready by end of November and that developer was currently working on get her floorplans. She took all of our paperwork and the money order and told us she would be in touch. It was a very quick process. We got there at 11 and had to fill out a rather large packet and waited for a bit then got called.

Keeping our fingers crossed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 04:01 PM

110 posts, read 211,626 times
I went today as well...it was Very informal, almost surprisingly so.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:39 AM

28 posts, read 71,017 times
Hi.

I also was in attendance yesterday and had the same experience as others mentioned. The "interview" was very informal and really was not an interview at all. It was more like a meet and greet with the "interviewer" to simply fill out paperwork and submit all required documents. Seems that the interviewer will go through all of our files and documents on her own time and make a determination later of who still qualifies. I'm wondering how quick they will review everybody's file since they seem to be overwhelmed with incoming calls and emails.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:09 AM

I was told we would hear from them in 6-8 weeks. It also seems as though the Oct 3rd/4th interviews did not occur at all. I am a little concerned about this management company...even though they were very nice to me in person.

Old 10-18-2014, 11:48 AM

@readysteady
I agree. They did seem like nice people but I am not particularly pleased with their handling of this lottery. I also found it odd that they want applicants to sign off on all forms before the forms are even filled out. Looks like the winners of this lottery will have to manage them as much as they have to manage the winners.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:27 PM

Yes!! I wondered that too...about the forms. Definitely.

Ideally, if there is an on-site super than issues with the management company shouldn't be too bad...I hope!!

Also, the rendering and description says balconies but there are none on the actual building. Anyway, the neighborhood seems to be nice, v relaxed so...I really hope everything works out. I just don't want my hopes to override reality of course!

Old 11-10-2014, 11:47 AM

12 posts, read 23,754 times
Anyone heard anything back after their interviews?

Old 11-10-2014, 08:39 PM

They said 6-8 weeks after so I was assuming mid-December. But again, the process was a little bit disorganized for me, so let's see what happens.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:04 AM

I haven't heard anything from this development since the day of our interviews as well.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:21 AM

10 posts, read 35,006 times
Can anyone tell me what happens if you make a mistake on a housing lottery. Do they disqualify you during the interview if you try to tell them or will they be lenient and allow you to make changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery