Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2015, 02:50 PM

136 posts, read 217,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJay1990 View Post
This is not really a productive comment, but why do people think log # matters? This is a lottery. Am I missing something?
I think people are just disappointed at the way things are going for this Hunter Point South project. Its dragging and discouraging. People are now offered apartments with windows facing a brick wall, who would of thought such a multi-million project will have such design?

Old 06-08-2015, 03:23 PM

16 posts, read 27,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJay1990 View Post
This is not really a productive comment, but why do people think log # matters? This is a lottery. Am I missing something?

Till now I thought the log# was your standing in lottery. I would love to be wrong on this one

Anyway, let me know if someone is familiar with correct process of affordable housing.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:30 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
Was anyone offered a unit in Crossings, where windows face the brick wall? A friend of mine was offered that and I was just wondering why do they build units like that and if the apartments are dark? Anyone come crossed such apartment?
Quote:
I think people are just disappointed at the way things are going for this Hunter Point South project. Its dragging and discouraging. People are now offered apartments with windows facing a brick wall, who would of thought such a multi-million project will have such design?

Is it a brick wall for the other building or for something unrelated to Hunters Point South? How far away from the building is the wall?

Old 06-08-2015, 03:43 PM

142 posts, read 198,708 times
Are people in the middle income group also receiving the wait list letter.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:52 PM

136 posts, read 217,427 times
Default Crossings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Is it a brick wall for the other building or for something unrelated to Hunters Point South? How far away from the building is the wall?
I don't know too many details but a friend of mine said the apt in Crossings of Hunter Point South is dark and the windows face brick wall.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:38 PM

200 posts, read 374,560 times
Quote:
Was anyone offered a unit in Crossings, where windows face the brick wall? A friend of mine was offered that and I was just wondering why do they build units like that and if the apartments are dark? Anyone come crossed such apartment?
Yes, a friend of mine was offered a brick-wall apartment. There's legit very little light, but they apparently offer the lamps, at least. It's actually more like a cave - granted, though, they are low income apartments so you are paying WAY less than market for the amenities and location.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
They are for lower units in Crossing. They face a brick wall because its the windows where there is a gap between the Crossing building and the high school. I guess it's better than having no windows at all. I think it only goes up to the 8th floor because that's as high as the high school goes.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Yes, a friend of mine was offered a brick-wall apartment. There's legit very little light, but they apparently offer the lamps, at least. It's actually more like a cave - granted, though, they are low income apartments so you are paying WAY less than market for the amenities and location.
Was your friend in a disability or municipal employee preference group?

Old 06-08-2015, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LICCAT View Post
Was your friend in a disability or municipal employee preference group?
No.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
No.
Thank you very much! I had the impression that group was only being filled due to those categories. I'm still optimistic that the delay is also with not having apartments ready and running behind on the middle income group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery