Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2015, 12:27 PM

357 posts, read 656,724 times

Advertisements

Check out this article guys:

Hunter's Point South Welcomes First Tenants

Old 07-04-2015, 12:31 PM

170 posts, read 315,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothisforum View Post
Stupid question,

But the fax machine in my office doesn't work and i can't send some of my documents through e-mail (paystubs to be exact, due to company policy of not allowing you to send to personal e-mail accounts). I have everything printed out, but was wondering if they will allow me to hand deliver the documents in person? I know they are very insecure about people coming in without an appointment and I'm guessing they will not let me make an appointment until all my stuff is verified..

I know they are open on Sunday from the last time I spoke with them. I finally won my appeal after 3 months and would like to get this burden out of the way. I already submitted all these documents before, but they are making me submit them again to make sure i didn't lose my job, ect. which is really annoying.
Why not go to Staples, or someplace else that will let you pay to use their fax machine? Probably more convenient than having to swing by the leasing office.

(Edited to add: Sorry, just saw Bk_nurse already gave that suggestion.)

Old 07-04-2015, 03:14 PM

94 posts, read 216,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post

That studio looks really small. I believe someone on this forum said like 485-520 sq feet but that one looks like its around 300 or so. Is that just the size of the ones that are facing Manhattan or are all of them that size? My guess its because its alcovey and the video only shows a small portion..

I was able to scan the documents and send them over. Hopefully I can set up an appointment to come in and look at an apartment soon.

I would guess its going to be slim pickins now as far as my apartment goes. Probably going to be facing a brick wall or something. Everybody probably already picked ones with views. This whole credit screening thing really screwed me over like it did many others, delaying my move in date. My move in date will likely be in October or something, so I won't even get to enjoy the summer there.

Last edited by Newtothisforum; 07-04-2015 at 03:32 PM..

Old 07-04-2015, 05:12 PM

457 posts, read 737,086 times
I'm sure all the studios vary in size, but not by much. I doubt it's 300 square feet. Perhaps that tenant is happy with the setup. I personally need a 1 bedroom and up. Studios are really for college students.

Old 07-04-2015, 07:51 PM

136 posts, read 217,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post

Is this article pertains to Commons or Crossings? What's the latest story?

Old 07-04-2015, 08:32 PM

8 posts, read 14,402 times
Hello Kebday, just wondering if any progress has been made, I am CB2 preference with a log# of 80000+ we interviewed in early May and are still waiting!

Old 07-04-2015, 09:46 PM

457 posts, read 737,086 times
I'm still waiting. Submitted documents, had interview. Now it's slow waiting game process.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:22 PM

357 posts, read 656,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
Is this article pertains to Commons or Crossings? What's the latest story?
Im guessing crossing because people have already started moving there.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:43 PM

26 posts, read 39,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishingWoodside View Post
Hello Kebday, just wondering if any progress has been made, I am CB2 preference with a log# of 80000+ we interviewed in early May and are still waiting!
Hi there, I'm also CB2 preference with log #75000+. My in-person interview and unit viewing is this week. There was a point in time when I almost gave up on HPS because the leasing agent said most of the apartments I qualified for were filled, and they were going by log number. Hope they'll reach out to you soon!

Old 07-06-2015, 03:40 PM

16 posts, read 27,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHKA View Post
Hi there, I'm also CB2 preference with log #75000+. My in-person interview and unit viewing is this week. There was a point in time when I almost gave up on HPS because the leasing agent said most of the apartments I qualified for were filled, and they were going by log number. Hope they'll reach out to you soon!

I don't know about your situation, but I got a wait list letter, a while ago, and if I go by what you wrote, I am surprised that you got to viewing stage before me. Given that my log# 49000 is way ahead of you and I went to interview in May but I have received only the letter no viewing??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery