Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 01:54 PM

136 posts, read 217,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divina50 View Post
I was sent a letter telling me I made too much money to qualify. I appealed the decision by mailing a letter with documents proving my income Tuesday the 14th. the next day they email me telling me to call them to set up an interview before the 29th of July. Not happy I wasn't given more time to gather more documents since they are asking for some stuff I was not prepared for, but I realize I should not complain.

After reading the forum for months and hearing people say they waited months for an answer I am shocked to have been so lucky so far. Here's wishing more pictures would be posted to see the layouts and the true size of the studios after they are furnished. Good luck to everyone.

Congrats for winning your appeal! I assume you will see a unit on the 29th? Keep us posted on your progress and good luck...

Old 07-16-2015, 01:55 PM

142 posts, read 198,226 times
For anyone who has selected or viewed an apartment in the lower income group with CB preference can you give your log number. I have to sign a new lease soon so anyone info on this would be very helpful in deciding how to proceed.

Old 07-16-2015, 01:58 PM

Default Commons

Quote:
Originally Posted by LICCAT View Post
For anyone who has selected or viewed an apartment in the lower income group with CB preference can you give your log number. I have to sign a new lease soon so anyone info on this would be very helpful in deciding how to proceed.
I honestly don't know my log #, since i am not the one handling all the paperwork. However, its good to know that you are in the same category as me. I wasn't called in yet. Are you being called to sign a lease already?

Old 07-16-2015, 02:12 PM

No not yet but I did hear back from my coordinator to be patient that they are still working on the lower income category.

Are you a 2 person household? I do have a friend that looked at place last week in the lower income group at Commons and he has to wait for the city to approve his file. He said the studio was maybe 300 sq feet not big enough for a couch. He plans to do a Murphy bed if selected. He was not given any other info.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:20 PM

2 posts, read 2,920 times
Hi my log number is in the 29,000 low income, hoping they call me :-/
are they calling low income no preferences yet ?

Old 07-16-2015, 02:23 PM

My log number is in the 5,000 range with CB preference I had my interview a few months ago.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:29 PM

Default commons

Quote:
Originally Posted by LICCAT View Post
No not yet but I did hear back from my coordinator to be patient that they are still working on the lower income category.

Are you a 2 person household? I do have a friend that looked at place last week in the lower income group at Commons and he has to wait for the city to approve his file. He said the studio was maybe 300 sq feet not big enough for a couch. He plans to do a Murphy bed if selected. He was not given any other info.

Yes, 2 people household. I was told that they are working on issuing middle income leases first, and then will start the low-income category, unless that info changed? Which floor are you on and what is your move in date? I assume the leasing process will be soon, as I was told the move in date was Aug 15....

Old 07-16-2015, 02:36 PM

I have not seen a unit yet. My friend saw one last week on the 4th floor. He did not sign a lease yet. He is waiting for his file to be approved by the developer. He said that they have CO for up to 12 floors now in Commons.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:43 PM

357 posts, read 654,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
I honestly don't know my log #, since i am not the one handling all the paperwork. However, its good to know that you are in the same category as me. I wasn't called in yet. Are you being called to sign a lease already?
Your log # is located in your NYC Housing Connect profile.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:37 PM

9 posts, read 18,162 times
We are log 6000s with CB2 and low income. We were assigned a 2 BR in Commons at the beginning of July with a move in Sept. Still need to update our stale file and then get it approved by HDC. No lease yet, can still take some time to get all the paperwork in order even though we have been assigned an apt. It can still be taken away from us at this point if the update doesn't go well or if HDC doesn't approve.

Hope that helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery