Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2015, 04:02 PM

136 posts, read 217,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileenandherbie View Post
Just heard they should be reaching my log number 20,000 ish soon- I'm in the next batch to be called..city worker preference, middle-class bracket. Hope there are 1 bedrooms left!
Thanks for an update, guess HPS is still working on middle income, and haven't got to low income yet. Did anyone from low income and preference for mid August move in got called for a lease? Thxs.

Old 07-20-2015, 04:29 PM

170 posts, read 315,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
Thanks for an update, guess HPS is still working on middle income, and haven't got to low income yet. Did anyone from low income and preference for mid August move in got called for a lease? Thxs.
I guess if you mid-August folks haven't gotten leases yet, I shouldn't be too worried about my September lease.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:25 PM

142 posts, read 198,780 times
Quote:
Sorry to ask too many questions, but how was the credit screening. My score is around 750-780. When did they do yours. I'm also in the lower income category.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:59 AM

50 posts, read 68,227 times
I've got a question..don't know if anyone has the answer. I am eligible for both studio and one bedroom but only want one bedroom. Should I tell them this when they schedule the time to pick an apartment so I will have more than one one bedroom to choose from( if they are available). ??

Old 07-21-2015, 06:47 AM

357 posts, read 656,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileenandherbie View Post
I've got a question..don't know if anyone has the answer. I am eligible for both studio and one bedroom but only want one bedroom. Should I tell them this when they schedule the time to pick an apartment so I will have more than one one bedroom to choose from( if they are available). ??
When you go in for the interview you will fill out a preference form. The form asks you if you want studio or 1-bed, high floor/Middle floor/ low floor and north/south/east/west view. However with people saying that very little apartments are available you may not have many choices.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:56 AM

170 posts, read 315,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
When you go in for the interview you will fill out a preference form. The form asks you if you want studio or 1-bed, high floor/Middle floor/ low floor and north/south/east/west view. However with people saying that very little apartments are available you may not have many choices.
When I went, they had me fill out that form, but my leasing rep had already picked out two layouts for me. So it might make sense to ask about the possibility of getting a one-bedroom ahead of time; if they're really running low, your rep might be able to hold a layout for you until you can see it. (I can't guarantee that this is how it works, but my rep seemed to suggest she was pleased with herself for snagging a couple of good layouts for us. So having your rep as an advocate for your preferences could work in your favor, if there are any one-bedrooms left.)

Old 07-21-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
quick question, when you went in to sign your lease last time were you told ahead of time about it, or was there prior interviews for other paperwork to sign as well? I am going there this week, and was told it will be to sign paperwork, but they didn't mention lease??? Thxs.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
quick question, when you went in to sign your lease last time were you told ahead of time about it, or was there prior interviews for other paperwork to sign as well? I am going there this week, and was told it will be to sign paperwork, but they didn't mention lease??? Thxs.
Yes I was told I would be signing the lease prior to coming in....and I have a feeling you will be too (even though they did not specify). Congrats!

Old 07-21-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
When I went, they had me fill out that form, but my leasing rep had already picked out two layouts for me. So it might make sense to ask about the possibility of getting a one-bedroom ahead of time; if they're really running low, your rep might be able to hold a layout for you until you can see it. (I can't guarantee that this is how it works, but my rep seemed to suggest she was pleased with herself for snagging a couple of good layouts for us. So having your rep as an advocate for your preferences could work in your favor, if there are any one-bedrooms left.)
My rep was also excited about the units she offered me but I didnt get to see the layouts until the day after....but then again, that may be beause they had to adjust my income.

Hmm.I wonder if we have the same person. lol

Old 07-21-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Yes I was told I would be signing the lease prior to coming in....and I have a feeling you will be too (even though they did not specify). Congrats!
Just wondering what other paperwork can it be? did you sign other paperwork before as well besides the lease????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery