Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 05:18 PM

200 posts, read 374,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHKA View Post
Thanks so much for all that info and the link to MiMA's Dog City!

Does anyone know the prices?

Old 07-28-2015, 06:01 PM

457 posts, read 737,086 times
ZBadHabitZ,

I PDF everything and sent it via email. I had no issues. Im sure Related has a secure email system since it's going to a work email address.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:05 PM

136 posts, read 217,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothisforum View Post
I moved into commons on the 24th. There are a few people living on 3 currently also looks like some of the bottom floors have more then a few people already living there as well. I can tell because when I walk threre at night there are lots of lights on. Note most ameneties have nit been completed. This includes the laundry room (uhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!).
Now that we have someone here who actually moved in, what's your overall impressions and don't leave anything out, please. Thanks.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:31 AM

94 posts, read 216,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
Now that we have someone here who actually moved in, what's your overall impressions and don't leave anything out, please. Thanks.
Overall impressions are mostly good

-Doormen are cool and very helpful
-Kitchen appliances are nice
-Windows are tinted and very reflective (which is helpful when you live on the third floor)
-Windows block out outside noise well
-Kinda quite now but will get much busier soon
-Walls seem to be noise proof for the most part. I have someone living next to me and I've never heard them once

Old 07-29-2015, 07:41 AM

103 posts, read 158,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Does anyone know the prices?
If the MiMA location is any indication, it will probably be a base price + tiers of additional services.

This article reviewing the NYC location talks about a $500 membership fee (per year, I assume) and then additional services you can tack on. Now, the MiMA is a higher-end building so hopefully the rent stabilized nature of HPS, plus the fact that it's in LIC might make it a little more affordable. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

"The starting membership fee at Dog City, which is only available to MiMA residents, is $500, and additional services can be added à la carte. The basic membership includes access to play areas, a self-serve dog-wash facility, supervised play dates with other dogs and 10 free emergency walks a year, among other features.There are four additional tiers of membership — Bronze Bone, Silver Bone, Gold Bone and Platinum Bone."

Old 07-29-2015, 07:47 AM

9 posts, read 9,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post
ZBadHabitZ,

I PDF everything and sent it via email. I had no issues. Im sure Related has a secure email system since it's going to a work email address.

Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate it. I'm always hesitant when it comes to these things with sensitive information so I wanted to check that others have done the same. Here's to the next step!

Old 07-29-2015, 09:45 AM

96 posts, read 101,643 times
my interview is today at 1pm so nervous

Old 07-29-2015, 10:07 AM

457 posts, read 737,086 times
Good luck on your interview.

Everything they asked me was about my finances.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:49 AM

10 posts, read 16,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothisforum View Post
Overall impressions are mostly good

-Doormen are cool and very helpful
-Kitchen appliances are nice
-Windows are tinted and very reflective (which is helpful when you live on the third floor)
-Windows block out outside noise well
-Kinda quite now but will get much busier soon
-Walls seem to be noise proof for the most part. I have someone living next to me and I've never heard them once
Ok, but you didn't mention what type of apt you have and on which floor. I had an opportunity to look at quite a few finished units on the 2nd floor awhile ago but almost all of them came across as too small for my tastes. Is that your impression too on your own apt?

Old 07-29-2015, 12:18 PM

32 posts, read 45,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPS Non-applicant View Post
Ok, but you didn't mention what type of apt you have and on which floor. I had an opportunity to look at quite a few finished units on the 2nd floor awhile ago but almost all of them came across as too small for my tastes. Is that your impression too on your own apt?
Pretty interested for a non applicant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery